Problems during export.

David Heaton

Feb 17, 2022, 1:40:45 PM2/17/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi there,

Some of you will be aware that I've been doing a lot of work with my B2 recently.I had a problem when there was a power cut while the machine was compressing which corrupted the hard drive and necessitated me reformatting. I've been doing a lot of re-editing and deleted many thousands of MP3 files in recent months.

After all of that I started to make a new clean backup this morning.All went well for 10 hours but then the green light started flashing and so I pressed Stop.

I've read on this forum about SD cards becoming dislodged but hadn't moved the unit since it began backup so wouldn't think that was the problem but am prepared to be corrected.

I've also read that SD cards don't last forever and so it must be possible that with the
 amount of stick that the whole B2 has taken recently,I need to replace that.

As always,any advice gratefully received,

Dave Heaton.

PMB

Feb 18, 2022, 4:18:12 AM2/18/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Davehe..,

Have you powered the B2 off and has it started up OK? If it has, try running Export again - it should carry on from it left off.

If not and the green (and red) LED is still flashing at start up, then the SD Card is probably corrupted or has gone faulty. IN that case please email us on -  thebrennanb2  @  gmail  .  com  - no spaces, with a brief description of the problem and we will send a new SD Card for you to fit. We will need an address for delivery (in the email).

Paul
Brennan Support.

David Heaton

Feb 19, 2022, 5:37:42 AM2/19/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul,

Your advice was much appreciated.

I did as you suggested and backup seemed to progress smoothly.

Someone reported recently that it's a good idea to always have a spare SD card just in case it goes wrong, and so I'm about to order one from the Brennan shop for when/if that eventuality arises.

Thanks again for your support,

Regards.
Dave.