B2 Getting Rid Of Unwanted Duplicates

Alistair Newton

Apr 11, 2021, 12:05:59 PM4/11/21
to Brennan Forum
Having never used the “Import From USB” command before I imagined that I would be asked which of the many many CD’s worth of music I wanted to load.  So having sought out some missing albums on iTunes I pressed “Go” and now have more than 30Gb worth of duplicates whose names appear in Red on the screen alongside the originals.

I tried just deleting them and was pleased with the result, though it would take me many hours to delete all 30 Gb worth.  But then I realised that in addition to the duplicate names I was deleting the original tracks.  I cannot be the first idiot to have made this mistake, so I am not going to do any more until someone tells me how to do it.

Peter Lowham

Apr 11, 2021, 12:41:54 PM4/11/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Alistair,

Regarding the folder set that you were 'Importing' from; is this a full 'Export' of your B2 music collection, or is it a subset of 'new' music that you want to add to your existing collection?

The 'Import' operates in 'overwrite mode' so if an artist/album/track is already in the B2, then it will be overwritten by the file that is in the 'Import'. If the 'Import' artist/album/track is not in the B2 collection then it will be added into the B2 collection.

Regards,
Peter.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2021, 5:24:42 PM4/11/21
to Brennan Forum
The best way to sort this out is to turn on NAS and do it from you PCs file manager, where you can see the totality of the problems.

Fred

PMB

Apr 12, 2021, 3:12:42 AM4/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Ali,

When you say the duplicates are in 'red', is this more like orange/gold? In that case these tracks are on the USB stick that you have plugged in and will disappear when you unplug the stick. No need to delete them. Keep the white ones.

If you use the USB tab on the web UI you can select Artist, Albums or Tracks individually to import.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Alistair Newton

Apr 12, 2021, 8:48:23 AM4/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Paul,

I have since done a Scan Disc and a full back-up onto a brand new USB, and found afterwards that what I though were duplicates on the B2 disc had disappeared.  Using the USB tab on the UI screen sounds like a very useful function - why didn’t I even think of trying it in the first place.

Alistair