FLAC to mp3

Ratty

Apr 20, 2021, 3:41:13 AM4/20/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi. New to this. Ive managed to load my CDs onto Hard Drive in FLAC.  Now trying to copy all albums to mp3 stick for the car.  Can anyone give me an idiot's easy guide as to how best to do this.  Thanks.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2021, 7:57:13 AM4/20/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Ratty,

Yes, unless you CD collection is very small do not use the inbuilt "FLAC+MP3" compression option to create "mirror" MP3 copies of your FLACed collection it is too slow.
The best way is to set up your B2 NAS function and follow the instructions that Peter has developed, see the Thread below

Fred

Graham Smout

Apr 20, 2021, 3:12:58 PM4/20/21
to Brennan Forum
When you rip the CD's you will normally find the B2 copies them in wav format before it compresees them. You can choose to have the wav files auotmatically compressed by the B2 as FLAC, MP3 or both formats at once .
This is a setting under Compression settings.
Hope this helps