Tracks that aren't recognised

mantis1955

Dec 14, 2021, 2:13:54 PM12/14/21
to Brennan Forum
Let me say that I got my B2 in February and haven't been on the forum since March, delighted with it.
A couple of issues that arose the other day:

1) I had an album on the WebUI where the tracks never played, just ran through the titles (obviously searching for them) then started playing the next album. It took me a while to discover that I had imported them by USB as Apple AAC files and I quickly fixed that using MP3 (I didn't have the CD so this was the best I could do). I only have a few dozen tracks imported by USB so there won't be many more, if any.
I searched through the FAQs but can't find anything listing acceptable file formats, but maybe this exists and I'm just being thick...

2) I found another album that I imported from the CD. The tracks are showing up but I can't play them, with the UI or the remote. This is slightly different from the first problem in that nothing at all happens. I haven't got round to retrieving the CD from the 400+ pile upstairs but probably will, unless anybody has a quick fix. With over 400 albums imported I realise there may be a few more but this is my first negative experience. Glad I never let the missus throw the discs out.

Daniel Taylor

Dec 14, 2021, 3:09:24 PM12/14/21
to Brennan Forum
I found this on the Brennan website Q&A - Can B2 do this?   "Does B2 play ALAC?  Sorry just WAV,FLAC,MP3 and AAC right now."

Please run the Scan Disk command (on the Settings menu).

mantis1955

Dec 14, 2021, 4:04:40 PM12/14/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Daniel. It was Ian Hunter's "The Artful Dodger". Disc scan threw up "Album 11" while the Dodger album appeared as "empty" so I just had to change the name.

PMB

Dec 15, 2021, 3:24:49 AM12/15/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi John,

The B2 will play WAV, FLAC, MP3 and M4A/ALAC (Apple) files.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Daniel Taylor

Dec 15, 2021, 6:27:04 AM12/15/21
to Brennan Forum
Paul,
The Brennan website seems to be saying No to ALAC.  If that's wrong, why not change it?

PMB

Dec 16, 2021, 4:56:30 AM12/16/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for pointing that out. It needs updating, I'll get it sorted.

Paul
Brennan Support.