New Android app - question

crap...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2021, 12:40:30 PM2/11/21
to Brennan Forum
I can't see that this has been asked and answered.

First, let me say that I 'link' to the B2 using my Android smartphone.

Until now, this has been great for me, especially as I could search JUST tracks, or JUST albums or JUST artists, while in the B2 itself it would produce tracks AND artists AND albums.

For example, if I search for the word bridge, I would get the album Bridge Over Troubled Water by S&G and the track View From The Bridge by Kim Wilde. A good reason to want to search only under one heading/category.

The new Android app seems to search under all 3 headings at once as well, which, for me, is a real pain.

However, there is a review in the Google Play Store suggesting you can choose which heading to search under - something about 'toggling'. I can't see that anywhere.

Can someone help?

TIA

DG.

Rik

Feb 11, 2021, 3:24:50 PM2/11/21
to Brennan Forum
I can only search one of those, artist, album, track at a time on the B2. I don’t understand how it searches all at the same timeframe you.

On the Android app I can actually only search under Artist.

(Earlier I said here that the Sonos speaker did not connect on Android app. After a day or so  it now does. I can’t find my original,post to post this.)

crap...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2021, 3:49:58 PM2/11/21
to Brennan Forum
Rik,

Is it possible you are still using the 'previous' version of the app, which defaulted to searching by artist?

BTW, my app upgraded itself without being asked...

It's now very pretty but being unable just to search by track name (for example) is really blowing my feeble aging mind.

DG

Rik

Feb 11, 2021, 3:58:42 PM2/11/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi, there. I think I might be on a previous incarnation but in the PlayStore there is nothing about upgrading

Dennis

Feb 11, 2021, 4:26:28 PM2/11/21
to Brennan Forum
A new version of the Android app was released yesterday (February 10, 2021), discussion here: https://groups.google.com/u/1/g/brennanb2/c/Gdo5mPJgX7w

PMB

Feb 12, 2021, 3:45:11 AM2/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

It looks like it has taken Google Play a couple of days to update to the details of the new app (although you could download it) - it appears to be showing the updated version now.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Keith

Feb 13, 2021, 12:40:11 PM2/13/21
to Brennan Forum

New B2 Android app downloaded 13 Feb 16.00 from Google Play

The display of music is poor with no coverart.  There is no display or list of albums, only a list of artists.  Navigation between albums of an artists is cumbersome and requires you to start again.  Browse lists the artists.  For example, I have four Beatles albums.  Pressing the green arrow opens up the first album only with no mention of the other albums and no option to move to another.  Pressing Browse takes you to the list of artists rather than the list of Beatles albums.  Pressing back takes you out of the app entirely and displays the home screen.  Pressing the artist name lists all four Beatles albums.  No cover art is shown.  Selecting an album doesn't allow you to change to another without reverting to the List of artists or back to the home screen.

The functionality is much less than using the mobile option from the WebGui which I had just reloaded again.