JB7 will not pay CDs

r.twig...@btinternet.com

Nov 30, 2019, 6:14:46 AM11/30/19
to Brennan Forum
I have had my JB7 for seven happy years, recently it has stopped playing CDs. I still use the original music catalogue loaded when new. I am not a frequent user, the hard drive has at most 200 albums and singles loaded into it. Short term I am looking for a fix to enable me to play my CDs, longer term I have quite a lot of 33s and 45s whilst I can hook my JB7 up to my turntable I read that the the new B2 unit is more user friendly in that department. I am a 57 year old techno phobic so no long winded solution's please. I have tried to call Brennan direct using the Tel number in the brochure this number appears to be no longer available. Is there a new customer services number as I really prefer to talk to real people the old fashioned way. If my JB7 is not readily fixable I hear that some form of part exchange is available, aside from refusing to play my CDs my unit is complete and to look at in good order. I have cleaned all CDs new and old used and the problem is the same I get a bad CD indication.

Richard Twigger

Barmy old Brennan user.

Edwyn Corteen

Nov 30, 2019, 12:19:43 PM11/30/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Richard

The B2 is a fabulous piece of kit but a disaster to use to record from Vinyl! Without getting long winded your JB7 is much better equipped, the B2 is VERY fiddly to use to record and definitely not for an "old techno phobic"! If you do want to use the JB7 to record see this page https://www.brennan.co.uk/itemcontent.php/content/recording

 Brennan no longer offer phone support, it is all here.

Your JB7 may be possible to fix, contact Jon he will also buy your old JB7 so he can either repair it or use for spares email him at audiotec...@gmail.com

Leslie Sopp

Nov 30, 2019, 5:45:17 PM11/30/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Richard,
I have a 9 year old JB7 which I love dearly. The vacuum display went so I couldn't read what was playing. I did use AudioTech to repair it (at some cost, and it wasn't easy to communicate with them; like Brennan they don't have a lot of staff and don't give out any telephone number to call on). They also replaced the CD drive, which means I got a really good JB7 back. Others on this forum are more tech savvy critical about all this, but I was prepared to pay what it cost to give me a great machine back in really good order. I just wish the process had been more effective. I've been looking long and hard at the B2 and will eventually take the plunge (mainly because I also want bluetooth connectivety to play Spotify, and internet radio). It also looks more future proof, which the JB7 isn't. Getting all my (vinyl and cassette) music onto the JB7 in the first place was long and arduous, but CD transfer was no problem. Transferring all my music from backup hard drive to a B2 won't be much fun either! Stick with it; lovely piece of kit. Leslie

PMB

Dec 2, 2019, 7:36:43 AM12/2/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Richard,

AudioTech our service agent now deal with all JB7 related repairs. Please contact Jon on audiotec...@gmail.com.

When you record on the B2, say from a turntable, one side of the album will be recorded as one long track. This means you have to play the whole side i.e. you cannot select an individual track to play. Also you will not have Title information for the individual tracks.

Some get around this by recording to their computers and using software such as Audacity to separate the tracks and add titles. These are then imported to the B2.

Paul
Brennan Support.