playback stutters

John Jones

Sep 29, 2021, 7:16:01 PM9/29/21
to Brennan Forum
Occasionally on my B2 and BB1 the song playing stutters. I originally assumed it was a bad rip of the song and deleted and replaced it. I also do frequent scans to make sure I don't have a corrupted SD card.

Then this morning, when a song stuttered, pressed the Play/Stop button and waited a few seconds before pressing Play/Stop again. The song seemed to start with no stutter, but a couple of seconds later the stutter resumed. So I repeated the process again - This time the song played all the way through with no stutter. I have since tried this on two more stutter tracks - both times I had to Play/Start twice on the song and then it played successfully to the end. I haven't tried this on the B2 yet, but will update you on what happens

PMB

Sep 30, 2021, 3:28:04 AM9/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi cornu...,

Is it the same Tracks stuttering on the BB1 and the B2?

Have you run Scan Disk on both units?

Paul
Brennan Support.

John Jones

Sep 30, 2021, 6:47:50 AM9/30/21
to Brennan Forum
I haven't had a chance to try my "fix" to the B2. I have run Scan Disk on both the BB1 & B2. I also have gone back and played a disk that had previously stuttered on the BB1 and it doesn't stutter now. I need to take the time to locate a stutterer and then play the same track on the other player. I am beginning to believe that the stutter is not caused by a specific track, but I need to do more testing.