UI stopped working

L Pel

May 22, 2019, 3:50:23 PM5/22/19
to Brennan Forum
Wifi OK
Check Internet => OK
Display : IP = 192.168.0.206

My router sees it in the list of connected devices:

Device name MAC address IP address Speed (Mbps) Connected to
unknown 70:F1:1C:22:D4:96 192.168.0.206/24 21 Wi-Fi 2.4G UPCB73A4AD

It used to work fine until this morning, but now when I try to connect to  192.168.0.206   or http://192.168.0.206  there is a website not responding error.
Either from my computer or my mobile phone, both are  connected to the same Wifi network

I made sure to upgrade to the latest firmware, I tried hard/soft reboots, I setup the wifi again, restarted my computer and mobile phone, no luck.
It looks like the web server in the B2 refuses to serve any page.

What can it be ?
Is there a way to reset all settings without deleting the music ?

Daniel Taylor

May 22, 2019, 4:38:43 PM5/22/19
to Brennan Forum
To reset the WiFi, do the Settings > Maintenance > Reset WiFi command.  But that may not be the problem.

Check your WiFi signal strength using Settings > Maintenance > WiFi Strength.  (I got that from the Brennan website on the Menu page.)
Your signal strength should be at least -60 (-50 being better, -70 being worse) and not fluctuate wildly.
To improve your signal strength, try the following:
Move your B2 closer to your router.
Switch the WiFi dongle to USB C.
Move your WiFi dongle to the end of a USB extension cable.
If none of that helps, you could try plugging a network cable between the inside back of the B2 and your router.  If that solves the problem, then it was definitely a WiFi problem.  If that does not solve your problem, then it's worse than I can help you with.

L Pel

May 22, 2019, 4:57:07 PM5/22/19
to Brennan Forum
Thank you Daniel but it is not a wifi problem as  I explained in the first part of my message

Daniel Taylor

May 22, 2019, 5:22:56 PM5/22/19
to Brennan Forum
Okay, if you say so.

The only other thing that I can think of is that maybe your OS has somehow become corrupted.  You can flash a new SD card.  I had a strange problem awhile back.  I was doubtful that a corrupted OS could be the probelm.  But when the recommendation was to re-flash the SD card, I went ahead and tried it, and my problem was solved.  Instructions are on the Brennan website.

L Pel

May 22, 2019, 5:36:18 PM5/22/19
to Brennan Forum
Yes I'm going to try that as I couldn't find a way to factory reset the unit. Thank you.

L Pel

May 22, 2019, 6:10:50 PM5/22/19
to Brennan Forum
I did it and it works now. Thanks!