Apple app

John Still

Aug 19, 2020, 2:39:38 PM8/19/20
to Brennan Forum
If I search/select in the Apple app., it does not give me a choice of albums by the same artist, but if I switch to the web interface within the app, then it does. Is there a way round this? Also, on the “direct” web interface panel, there seems to be great difficulty in selecting an album, sometimes it works and sometimes I end up having to select from the unit. Thanks.

Daniel Taylor

Aug 19, 2020, 5:33:10 PM8/19/20
to Brennan Forum
Your second problem - selecting an album - may be because of a WiFi signal strength problem.
Check your WiFi signal strength using Settings > Maintenance > WiFi Strength.  (I got that from the Brennan website on the Menu page.)
Your signal strength should be at least -60 (-50 being better, -70 being worse) and not fluctuate wildly.
To improve your signal strength, try the following:
Move your B2 closer to your router.
Switch the WiFi dongle to USB C.
Move your WiFi dongle to the end of a USB extension cable.

PMB

Aug 20, 2020, 3:29:16 AM8/20/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi John,

The 'app' simply finds the B2 on your network and then runs the web UI page, so there shouldn't be any real differences between running the 'app' and opening the web UI via a browser (Safari) page.

Difficulties with selecting a track to play may be down to the size of the buttons on the iPhone. Try changing to one of the other UI modes i.e. 'original'.

Paul
Brennan Support.