AMAZON MUSIC MP3

Chrissy7090

Jul 10, 2019, 1:15:30 PM7/10/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi

I have recently added to my B2 some Albums which I have purchased from Amazon music in mp3 format. EVERY album as a distortion/crackling between every track although the tracks themselves play fine. I originally added the albums via PC as a bulk upload. Since I have added them using a usb stick. Same results.
Any ideas anyone??

Chrissy7090

Steve Peers

Jul 10, 2019, 2:09:07 PM7/10/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Chrissy,

I'd try a copy of one album...
Remove all ID3 and other metadata from the tracks, using something like EasyTAG, MP3Tag or VLC player. Reload and see if noise has gone.

Open first and second tracks in Audacity and examine start and end of track for abnormal data patterns (to everyone except Amazon, that is). Edit the noise out! Reload and see if noise has gone from between first and second tracks.

I'm a cynical ..., so I suspect the big river people have managed to edit something in to the files, to make redistribution of copied files less likely. This is annoying, when you have not redistributed for gain!

Steve

Daniel Taylor

Jul 10, 2019, 2:45:58 PM7/10/19
to Brennan Forum
Chrissy,
Do you have some MP3 files that were not purchased from Amazon that you could try playing to check for the problem?

Chrissy7090

Jul 10, 2019, 3:21:49 PM7/10/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Steve

Thanks for reply.

Haven’t tried what you suggest just yet but have added tracks as they stand on my PC to the dreaded ITUNES and everything plays fine with no interference between tracks.
These are all albums I have bought from Amazon (not freebies) so how would they expect you to play them if they added something that would prevent the playing of same??

Chrissy7090

Jul 10, 2019, 3:36:37 PM7/10/19
to Brennan Forum
I have 5000+ mp3 and without knowing how many are. Amazon/iTunes etc it’s just this latest batch that have the interference.

Just opened my B2 music using NAS/file explorer on iPad... the offending files all play perfectly.

Don’t really know where to go from here.

Chrissy7090

Chrissy7090

Jul 16, 2019, 9:44:01 AM7/16/19
to Brennan Forum
Haven’t had too much time to investigate further until this morning .... it’s now just mp3 from Amazon that causes the distortion/crackling.. it’s also any FLAC albums that have been uploaded.. so not cds that have been compressed.. they play ok.. also it only seems to happen when I initiate playback via the Web UI.. if I search for an artist - pick album - play it is ok.. one other thing.. I checked the debug screen on the last occasion the problem occurred and there were 42 identical lines “PLAYBACK PIPE RESTART E” .. means absolutely nothing to me but might to someone.. HELP!!

Chris

PMB

Jul 17, 2019, 4:45:55 AM7/17/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Chrissy,

When you download the music are you given a choice of bits and bit rates i.e. 16 bit or 24 bit and 128k, 196k, 256k, etc?

Paul
Brennan Support.

Chrissy7090

Jul 17, 2019, 5:48:29 AM7/17/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul..

No choice.. but things have developed somewhat since my original post.. would you look at my later post DISTORTION/CRACKLING PLAYBACK... the answer may be included there...

Thanks

Regards

Chris