Web UI Issue

bgh...@hotmail.com

Aug 23, 2021, 3:28:25 PM8/23/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi-

I ran into a problem in accessing part of my collection on the Brennan B2. I have the 2TB model, and have about 2,400 albums ripped on it.

I was recently in the process of editing unknown artists and albums. My collection is primarily classical music, and have organized it mostly by composer. I have about 70 or so albums under J.S Bach. I'm accessing the Web UI from my desktop IMAC.

I wanted to edit one of my Bach albums today, but when I clicked on the Bach entry under Artists, the UI did not display any of the Bach albums, but the Artis field populated instead with the name of another composer, filling the entire artist field screen.

 I saved, turned off the B2, then turned it back on and ran Scan Disk. The same thing happened. I then deleted the entry for the artist the click on the Bach entry was going to (in this case Hugo Alfven- I only had 1 album ripped by him and could easily create the entry for him again if that fixed the problem). Then I saved and closed. When I reopened the program, I tried Bach again. This time when I clicked on it, it did the same thing it did before, but this time populated the entire artist field with a different composer.

I have 218 artists in my collection. I haven't tried all of them, but have tried many. All the others seem to be OK- it's just seems to be the Bach entry that is behaving this way.

I'd really appreciate any advice on what I should do to fix this. Thanks in advance for any thoughts. Brian

Daniel Taylor

Aug 23, 2021, 4:38:57 PM8/23/21
to Brennan Forum
I've had that kind of thing happen to me too.  I attribute it to trying to get the B2 to do two things at once:  in my case, playing music and editing in the WebUI,

It sounds like you're doing all the right things so far.  So if I understand, you have all the albums that should be under J S Bach in an artist folder, but the artist name is wrong?  Have you tried renaming the artist to Bach?  Make sure you name the artist exactly the same as the other J S Bach artist.  To make certain, copy the name from one place and the paste it to the other.  That should combine the two J S Bach folders into one with all the albums in there.

I was going to suggest you view the B2's HDD as NAS, but then I realized how long that would take with as many albums as you have.

bgh...@hotmail.com

Aug 23, 2021, 6:41:05 PM8/23/21
to Brennan Forum

Hi Daniel-

Thanks for the help!

The UI actually shows "Bach, J.S" in the list of artists as it normally does iwhen I open the UI But then when I click on the Bach entry to see the albums under that listing, it does not show the 70 or so albums I have under Bach. Instead, the artist listing changes to the name of another artist- not just the Bach entry I clicked on, but every line visible n the artist field. When it does that, it then displays the albums listed under that artist in the album field- not the Bach albums.

I'll try renaming that artist to Bach later today. Thanks again for the help. Brian

PMB

Aug 24, 2021, 3:59:16 AM8/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Brian,

Can you see any 'Bach' Albums on the web UI - click on the CD tab, 2nd from the left, centre panel and scroll down the list? If you can, click the three dots to the right of an Album title, then 'Rename' and see what Artist the Album is associated with.

Another thought - the maximum number of characters for any Artist, Album or Track name must be less than 170. Going over this can cause problems with the web UI - the Albums are still there but the web UI is unable to display them.

Experience has shown that having the B2 playing whilst renaming, as an example, can cause issues, so best to only ask the B2 to do one task at a time.

Paul
Brennan Support.