Presets not being retained

Gary B

Jun 29, 2021, 6:58:35 AM6/29/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

I’m a new B2 user and want to change a couple of presets by replacing some stations with new ones. I’ve tried from the GUI and the remote and, although the new stations appear in the presets list and work when I press the corresponding preset button, when I switch the Brennan off they revert to the previous presets. I’ve tried several times now and am becoming quite frustrated. What am I doing wrong?

TIA.

Gary

Jeff. M.

Jun 29, 2021, 7:04:01 AM6/29/21
to Brennan Forum
Gary, use scan disk, before saving, and turning off. This should save your presets.

Gary B

Jun 29, 2021, 9:10:56 AM6/29/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Jeff, just tried that twice but no luck - first time I scanned from the Brennan itself, second time from the GUI.

Rob Harriman

Jun 29, 2021, 10:00:32 AM6/29/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Gary,
Two things:
1) How are you saving and turning off your B2? Proper procedure is to press play/stop and hold it down until saving has disappeared from the front panel and it reverts to displaying the clock.  Then switch off by the back button and wait about 30secs before powering on.

2) Are you trying the procedures for changing presets displayed on the Internet Radio web page of the B2 web site?  If these do not work then more diagnostic work will be needed.

Rob

Jeff. M.

Jun 29, 2021, 10:06:44 AM6/29/21
to Brennan Forum
Are you clicking the 3 dots at the end of the station you want to keep? this brings up all your presets, and allows you to overwrite one of them.

Rob Harriman

Jun 29, 2021, 10:46:22 AM6/29/21
to Brennan Forum
I've just received this as a pm from Gary:

Hi Rob,

I'm resorting to email because I'm getting a message saying that I don't have permission to post to the Brennan forum!

Thanks for your response, I have been powering down correctly and am now at my wits end! Ah well.

Best wishes,

Gary

Hi Gary,
Glad that you are doing the correct power down sequence - that removes one possible issue.
However, can you elaborate on what procedure you are following from the B2 Internet Radio pages that is not keeping your preset for you please?
There are 3 ways described, one of which is Jeff's suggestion. Please itemize the steps you are taking.  It'll greatly help with diagnosing your issue.

I am really puzzled by your issue with not being allowed to post to the forum.  Am I correct in assuming you followed the Google procedure to be registered as a forum user, before you posted your first entry above?  I'm not a google whizz but I know I had to register before I could post my first query on here.  If so, I don't understand why that access should have been removed since your first entry today.  Perhaps someone else on here can explain that one.  Feel free to continue to reply to me if your forum access has been compromised.

Rob

Brian R

Jun 29, 2021, 1:51:26 PM6/29/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Gary
Google Groups seem to be having problems. Several times today I have had an error message when trying to connect using a bookmark, when I try again a bit later using the same bookmarked address it connects OK.
Brian

Gary B

Jun 29, 2021, 4:01:36 PM6/29/21
to Brennan Forum

Thanks everybody! For some reason I’m now allowed back on the group but still haven’t managed to sort the problem…

fred.w....@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2021, 9:21:32 PM6/29/21
to Brennan Forum
to test this
I selected "Exclusively Coldplay" from the united Arab Eremites Internet Radio listings  and made it My no 9 "preset"
a.jpg

a.jpg

I then "Saved"  (By pressing and Holding in the "start/Stop" button until saving appears. then after the clock returned to the display I powered the B2 off and on and restarted the Web UI on my PC
AND, as you can see the Coldplay assignment to the 9th preset has survived the reboot
a.jpg
I am running the latest B2B software
a.jpg

 and this would indicate there is nothing wrong with what a B2 running this software is doing.
Hopefully yours will too if you follow the procedures I have illustrated here.

Fred

PMB

Jun 30, 2021, 4:40:16 AM6/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Gary,

Please email us on -   thebrennanb2   @   gmail   .   com    - (no spaces) requesting a replacement SD Card (which holds the operating software for the B2).

Paul
Brennan Support.

Gary B

Jul 1, 2021, 3:24:48 AM7/1/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Fred,
Thanks for your response and sorry for my delayed reply - Groups wouldn’t allow me to post again yesterday! I was following the process you kindly set out but, as you can see from the response from Brennan, it looks as though it’s an SD card issue.

Gary

fred.w....@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2021, 1:40:14 PM7/1/21
to Brennan Forum
OK Garry,

Hope the new SD Card (with the Brennan OS) on it works OK. There is info on the Web site as to how to install it and remember once it is installed you still need to do a "Web Upgrade" to get the very latest version of the OS.

Fred

Gary B

Jul 1, 2021, 2:09:10 PM7/1/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Fred, fingers crossed!

PMB

Jul 2, 2021, 4:17:16 AM7/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Gary B,

Just checking that you are Gary Bonsall and that Mitzi is arranging a new card for you.

I'll email some guidance notes on fitting the new card.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Gary B

Jul 4, 2021, 1:38:09 PM7/4/21
to Brennan Forum
I was unable to post to the forum again yesterday, Saturday, but it’s let me in today. Slightly weird and very frustrating!

Sadly, I installed the new SD card on Saturday day with no problems and ran a web upgrade, but it still hasn’t resolved the issue.

Essentially, I have ten filled presets and`I want to change three of them. I’ve tried all three methods of overwriting (drag & drop, using the remote and clicking on the three dots) and all of them seem to work until I power down the unit - the new stations show on the Web UI and if I change station or go to my music I can return to the new presets. Also, if I press “stop” and then “play” the new presets are still there. However, as soon as I switch off (if there was a power saving mode I’d just leave it on) I lose the new stations on the Brennan, and the Web UI reverts to the previous stations. I’ve tried putting different stations in different positions, just doing one station at a time and every other combination I can think of, but all to no avail.

I know that this is quite a minor problem in the great scheme of things, but I just want my unit to do what it’s supposed to do and one of the things that attracted me was the internet radio facility so I’m disappointed.

I’d be really grateful if anyone has any suggestions about what I can do to solve this issue.

Daniel Taylor

Jul 4, 2021, 2:16:07 PM7/4/21
to Brennan Forum
As this thread has grown, this may have been mentioned:  Are you doing the proper SAVING shutdown procedure when powering down?

Press and hold the STOP button until the word SAVING appears in the front panel display, wait for SAVING to go away and just the clock is shown, and then turn off the power.

Gary B

Jul 4, 2021, 3:24:20 PM7/4/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Daniel but, sadly, yes I am.

Gary B

Jul 4, 2021, 3:35:54 PM7/4/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks for all the advice folks. I’ve just tried again (In despair!) using the three dots and seem to have succeeded! I have no idea what I’ve done differently, or what I was doing wrong, but there we are. Thanks again!

fred.w....@gmail.com

Jul 4, 2021, 7:06:47 PM7/4/21
to Brennan Forum
Glad you got there, - sometimes the Client end of things (the Web UI pages on your PC) remembers what was loaded and does not bother to refresh things form source - so changes that have been made do not get reflected properly.
- could have been this.

Fred

PMB

Jul 5, 2021, 3:39:37 AM7/5/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Gary B,

Good call from Fred - Browsers tend to save every site you have visited and sometimes try to take you to a stale site - so try clearing all browsing data for the Browser you have been using, open a new browser page and type the IP Address from the B2 in manually.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Gary B

Jul 5, 2021, 3:43:25 AM7/5/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Fred and Paul. Now I think about it, that’s what must have happened as my IP address changed yesterday and I had to alter its final two digits. Ah well, we got there and I’m very grateful for all the help and support I’ve had.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Jul 5, 2021, 4:36:29 PM7/5/21
to Brennan Forum
Garry,

You may find that your B2's address changing can get a bit annoying.
It IS possible to stop this form happening by going into your Router's menus and "fixing" the IP number to be assigned to your Brennan.

Fred

Gary B

Jul 6, 2021, 7:27:54 AM7/6/21
to Brennan Forum