Wifi login

Hugh

Sep 22, 2020, 1:44:58 PM9/22/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Brennan,

I am currently lucky enough to be stranded on a caravan site in France. The site has a wifi, which my BB1 finds when I try to set up the wifi.
However, the site system is a public one which asks you to put in an identifier number (so it can check you've paid to use wifi) and then enter a password.
The BB1 asks for a password, but doesn't seem to be able to link if I put in the identifier or password or both.
Any hints?

Thanks
Hugh

Daniel Taylor

Sep 22, 2020, 3:53:45 PM9/22/20
to Brennan Forum
I think you're probably out of luck in that regard.  In your situation, I think the Hot Spot option of the BB1 may be your solution.  It allows you to have your BB1 be it's own WiFi location, to which you can connect the browser on your phone or computer.  Go to the Settings and Tools menu and select Hotspot On.  (When the Hotspot is on, then the menu item will say Hotspot Off so that you can turn it off again when you want.)

PMB

Sep 23, 2020, 5:12:52 AM9/23/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Hugh,

I'm fairly sure the BB1 cannot be connected to WiFi where there is a two tier sign in process.

If you just want to use the web UI then you can use 'Hotspot' as Daniel suggests but you won't be able to receive internet radio. You'd probably have to use your laptop for radio.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Russell...@hotmail.com

Sep 23, 2020, 5:27:30 AM9/23/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Hugh
Is it possible there is an "owner" WiFi logon without the 2 step process, that you could ask to use if you're going to be there a while - if they know you've paid anyway they may consider letting you you that - Just a thought - Cheers Russ