Sonos

Todd Lefkowitz

Apr 7, 2022, 4:54:47 PM4/7/22
to Brennan Forum
I am happy to report that all functions of my B2 are working just fine.  My wife bought me Sonoa speakers in order to get rid of "unsightly" wires to the speakers.  Sonos function worked great on first try.

Can anyone tell me..I have an opera om my B2 ripped from a CD.  The player stops after each section...how do I make automatic playing of all tracks?

Best
Todd

Daniel Taylor

Apr 7, 2022, 5:09:50 PM4/7/22
to Brennan Forum
Is the opera spread over multiple discs?  If so, you can group all the movements within one Album folder.  Then the B2 will play them all.

When "Classical Mode" is set, the B2 stops playing after every disc.  But just changing this setting might not solve your problem.

There are various ways to get all the movements into one Album folder.  Maybe the easiest way is to access the B2's HDD as a NAS drive.

Daniel Taylor

Apr 7, 2022, 8:01:47 PM4/7/22
to Brennan Forum
Todd replied to my personal email:

Thanks, Daniel
There are 3 discs.  I will try the NAS function
Todd

fred.w....@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2022, 8:18:18 PM4/7/22
to Brennan Forum
When amalgamating 3 CDs of one work one needs to think a bit about how the tracks are to be named (as you will have a track 1 etc on each CD).
There are a number of conventions people have used so that things do not mess up (eg by including the CD no in the track title) -
Perhaps people on the Forum could explain how they did this to help Tod? But I do agree doing the amalgamation and renaming using the NAS is the best way.

Fred

Daniel Taylor

Apr 7, 2022, 8:36:18 PM4/7/22
to Brennan Forum
I combine multi-disc sets into one folder.  I name the tracks from the first disc as 1-01 ArtistName - TrackName, 01-02..., 1-03..., then the tracks from the second disc as 2-01..., 2-02..., 2-03..., and so on.  Some folks leave out the hyphen - either way works.  Using the disc and track numbers to lead off the filename allows the B2 to play the tracks in order.  You could also leave out the disc number and just continue the extra tracks with the next numbers after the last number of the first disc, keeping everything in order.

Sometimes a multi-disc set has the movements from one classical work spread out over more than one disc, and other works as well.  The Album named folder can be the name of the work and contain only those tracks.  Just because the folder structure must be Artist\Album\tracks, doesn't mean that you can't be creative with the "album" folder names.