External Hard Drive connection

John McCabe

Jul 8, 2021, 11:17:45 AM7/8/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi,
I am new to the forum and am not very technical. Not sure how I get my B2 to work so well when I see all the issues raised. I have had mine for nearly five years now and it does everything that I require. I have picked up some useful tips from reading the forum. I have had a Cd stuck in the dive for over a month now. Today I attached my LG DVD Writer to rip a new Cd. First I turned the power off before connecting the writer to Port C ( having removed my Bluetooth dongle) I ripped my new Cd, then when this was complete I again turned the power off and disconnected the writer. I then turned the power back on and hey presto my B2 ejected automatically my stuck Cd like magic. Hope this might work for someone else. John.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2021, 12:04:48 PM7/8/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi John,

Yes other have reported that attaching an external CD reader can sometime cause the Internal CD reader to "return" a stuck CD.

Fred.