UNABLE TO ENTER WI-FI PASSWORD ON BB1A

Stuart Rose

Dec 20, 2020, 4:37:19 PM12/20/20
to Brennan Forum
   I just had the BB1 delivered. Set up was going fine until I tried connecting it to Wi-Fi. My password contains a caret and i haven't found a way to type it on the onscreen keyboard the BB1 provides. Since I have the password on several devices, I'd rather not have to change it.  Any ideas on how to enter that caret symbol?
     Thanks,
    Stuart

PMB

Dec 21, 2020, 5:34:52 AM12/21/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Stuart,

I'm sure others will correct me but I think the caret symbol maybe used in the software and will be misinterpreted if used elsewhere.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Stuart Rose

Dec 21, 2020, 4:07:45 PM12/21/20
to Brennan Forum
I re-entered the wi-fi password sans caret, and it worked.
       1.  However, none of the radio presets worked. Each time the time name of the station appeared on the screen and it said Waiting for Data. The data never arrived. The music presets play, but none of the radio presets.
       2.  When I turned on the BB 1 again about 5 minutes after I turned it off,  I was forced to re-enter the wi-fi password. I had really assumed the password, once entered, would not have to be re-entered each time I turned the device on.
                 Thank y ou

PMB

Dec 22, 2020, 3:53:34 AM12/22/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi ravst,

It sounds like your BB1 wasn't connected to the internet. After running 'Setup WiFi' did the BB1 display an IP Address - something like 192.168.1.127 (NOT 10.0.0.1 as this indicates Hotspot is on)?

To power the BB1 off press POWER twice (without holding it down too long between presses - so two short presses) - this will save any settings and power off the BB1.

I would remove the power lead > wait 2 minutes > plug the power lead and power up the BB1 > run Setup WiFi again.

BTW you cannot simply leave out the ^ symbol from the password (unless you have changed the password for your network)

Paul
Brennan Support.

Peter Lowham

Dec 22, 2020, 5:25:00 AM12/22/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi ravst,

As Paul has suggested, your BB1 was not ever connected to your Wifi router.  Leaving out the caret character will not work.  That is why the BB1 did not store the passphrase.  The way that the BB1 and B2 units work (along with most other wireless devices) is that the passphrase is only stored after it is validated as being correct.

I think that the only practical way forwards is to remove the caret from the router passphrase.

Regards,
Peter.