Headphone conection

i...@thepoppys.co.uk

Dec 28, 2020, 12:00:17 PM12/28/20
to Brennan Forum
Recently purchased a B2 and have finally loaded my CD collection onto it.
I have connected to my receiver via optical cable as recommended and pretty happy.

I was thinking of adding a headphone dac/amp but then would need to keep swapping connection or get an optical splitter which i am not keen on.
Has anyone got experience of HDMI connection to receiver. is it worth trying this as this would free up the connection for a headphone amp or would i just be better to plug headphones into receiver

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2020, 1:08:48 PM12/28/20
to Brennan Forum
What about bluetooth headphones?

Daniel Taylor

Dec 28, 2020, 1:37:23 PM12/28/20
to Brennan Forum
I've been under the impression a DAC/Headphone amp would allow you to route an analog signal from the DAC to your receiver.  Since you'd plug your headphones into the DAC/Headphone amp, you'd only need the one connection from the B2 to the DAC.  Or maybe I'm missing something here.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2020, 9:32:21 PM12/28/20
to Brennan Forum
Yes a DAC schas this (or of the many similar available)
a.JPG

Would connect to an amplifier and also provides for a wired headphone connection (note the B2 optical connector is a jack-plug shape as it also accommodates an analogue out).

Fred

PMB

Dec 29, 2020, 4:31:57 AM12/29/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Ian,

An external DAC/Headphones amplifier, as Fred suggests, would be the way to go.

Paul
Brennan Support.