CD Drive faulty?

Andrew Garst

Oct 19, 2021, 3:08:59 PM10/19/21
to Brennan Forum

Hello.

I recently got a new brennan b2. I first loaded it with a large number of flac files via multiple thumb drives. There were a few mp3’s files as well. After that was done I started ripping CDs. After ripping < 10 the CD part stopped working. Could not rip CDs, could not play CDs. I’d load a CD. It’d whirl for a while, stop and the status would say CD empty.

If it is important, twice I’ve had the problem where the device didn’t boot up when I turned it on. Each time I'd eventually power cycle it and then it worked.

Playing existing tracks works great!

Per troubleshooting I’ve power cycled.

Gotten the latest software update

Scanned disc (8145 if it matters)

And gotten the status:

0 WAV,  7794 flac, 351 mp3’s

Capacity 2,000.00 gig,  300.21 used

8145 tracks

702 Albums,

384 artists.

Software version: B2B Oct 15 2021

NAS off, DLNA off Spotify on

Again tried to load a very clean CD with the same results

From the forum tried

'Settings'-->'Maintenance'-->'Advanced'-->'Reset CD'

No improvement.

Other than the CD problem, this thing is great.

Andrew Garst

Rob Thomas

Oct 19, 2021, 3:29:07 PM10/19/21
to Brennan Forum
 I have the same issue Andrew - working with support.  I've tried loading a back level of software to see if that is the issue - didn't fix it.  I'm waiting for the next instructions.  I had the didn't boot issue once.  I was also able to get it to rip/read a few more CDs after turning the unit off and leaving it for awhile....but that hasn't worked in the last day or so.....

The support here is good - so I'm sure we'll get this figured out soon.....
Message has been deleted

PMB

Oct 20, 2021, 5:21:59 AM10/20/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Andrew,

As Artho says we are looking into a possible CD Drive software issue. Meanwhile try 'Reset CD' which is found in the Advanced menu.

Paul
Brennan Support.

PMB

Oct 20, 2021, 5:22:47 AM10/20/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Artho,

Have you emailed me about the test with the earlier software?

Paul
Brennan Support.