Noobie trying to get B2 to work with Sonos, shows up as media device on W10

Albert Burdulis

Dec 27, 2019, 3:03:15 PM12/27/19
to Brennan Forum
so i followeed the instructions and connected the B2 to the same network as my Sonos, when i try to add it as a NAS on Sonos it does not show up.  Looking at my network folder in windows 10 the B2 shows up as a media device along with my sonos units.  the brennan instructions say itt should show up as a drive (not a media device).  Any solutions?

PMB

Dec 29, 2019, 9:19:11 AM12/29/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Albert,

If your B2 appears as a media device it means DLNA is enabled. Martin has released a USB upgrade version of the B2 software which will allow you to turn off DLNA. Please see our Latest Software page and try the 24th Dec software.

Please let us know how it goes.

Paul
Brennan Support.