Upload done, now what?

Steve Poe

Dec 25, 2021, 12:57:12 PM12/25/21
to Brennan Forum
I followed the directions for uploading from my computer music files to my B2.  Mostly worked AOK (with a few exceptions).  Now, I can't seem to get any sound from the B2 while trying to play anything through my stereo system.  It is connected through an optical cable and was working fine before doing any uploading.  Is there some "switch" I inadvertently threw that would cause this lack of music signal now?

JFBUK

Dec 25, 2021, 4:31:58 PM12/25/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

Have you tried playing a radio station on the B2 ?

If you get no sound it may indicate an issue with your optical connection rather than your ripped music.

John

Daniel Taylor

Dec 25, 2021, 8:14:46 PM12/25/21
to Brennan Forum
Try plugging headphones in to the same jack that the optical cable goes it.  This will help determine if the B2 is playing music or not.  You may have to turn the volume up pretty far to get sound.

Steve Poe

Dec 26, 2021, 5:03:05 PM12/26/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks John & Daniel,
Not sure what kind of glitch it was, but after taking your suggestions and turning it on again later in the day, all seems fine, at least for now.  I had worked for quite a while Christmas morning with no success.   Ah, the wonders of technology!