Problem ripping Pearl jams Merkin ball

John Bishop

Jan 20, 2022, 10:45:19 AM1/20/22
to Brennan Forum
Anyone got an answer to why I can't rip Pearl jam's Merkin ball?
I ripped the CD to MP3 files so got it to my Brennan but it is the first CD that has failed to rip
Thanks

Mike W

Jan 20, 2022, 11:06:26 AM1/20/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi John, could you tell us the detail what happens when you try and rip the cd?

Mike

John Bishop

Jan 20, 2022, 11:28:43 AM1/20/22
to Brennan Forum
Nothing happens. It says loading CD, but but doesn't do a search to find out the CD title and does nothing

Mike W

Jan 20, 2022, 4:57:51 PM1/20/22
to Brennan Forum
Do you know if there's any video tracks on the cd?

PMB

Jan 21, 2022, 4:12:20 AM1/21/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Johnbi...,

Looks like there are only two tracks on that CD and according to Discogs there have been many versions (releases).

Paul
Brennan Support.

John Bishop

Jan 22, 2022, 6:01:04 AM1/22/22
to Brennan Forum
Just 2 music tracks

JFBUK

Jan 22, 2022, 6:55:36 AM1/22/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

as you may know , the B2 uses the Musicbrainz database for lookup.
There are 6 CD versions on the database currently according to my search, is your version listed ?
John

Screenshot 2022-01-22 115123.jpg

John Bishop

Jan 22, 2022, 7:10:06 AM1/22/22
to Brennan Forum
OK checking the CD shows 2 code numbers - 662716 1 and 01-662716-17 The back has a faint 01-66276-7
Is that the XE version? The flag looks like the EU flag. Id that right?
Cheers
John

JFBUK

Jan 22, 2022, 7:20:30 AM1/22/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi John,

yes that looks like your version.
So the puzzle is why, if its on the database, the B2 is not finding it ?
This thread talks about the search algorithm.

John

Mike W

Jan 22, 2022, 11:49:34 AM1/22/22
to Brennan Forum
As it is an old disc could there be some damage/degradation of the recorded surface?

Mike W

Jan 22, 2022, 11:52:04 AM1/22/22
to Brennan Forum
Will it rip correctly on any other device?

John Bishop

Jan 22, 2022, 12:40:45 PM1/22/22
to Brennan Forum
Yes, I managed to rip to my PC and then loaded to my Brennan, so it's not a problem. I just thought I'd ask if anyone knew why :-)

Mike W

Jan 22, 2022, 3:49:23 PM1/22/22
to Brennan Forum
Excellent, I've used up everything I've got now : )

Mike