Suddenly no sound from B2

SMG

May 30, 2022, 8:40:30 PM5/30/22
to Brennan Forum
Just like that, my B2 decided not to play anything. No sound from hard drive or inserted CD. If I wear headphones connected to the Line Out socket, I can hear the faintest sounds of music; nothing near the sound of a properly working B2.

Now ... if a B2 can stop playing just like that (finger snap), what's the point of it? Thank heaven I've kept all the CDs. Otherwise, all of my music would be gone, gone, gone.

Really ... the B2, given all of the issues with this product ... more than any other audio product I've ever owned and all posted here from time to time ... seems the B2 needs a complete revamping of one kind or another.

If you're new to the B2 ... DON'T TOSS YOUR CDs !

- Steve

P.S.: I haven't been able to get anything in Radio Mode for ages. I decided to just stop trying and use the thing strictly for recorded music. Yeah, right ....

PMB

May 31, 2022, 3:37:03 AM5/31/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Steve,

We have moved to a new Forum platform - here - where the regulars and others may be able to offer advice.

If there is sound from the Line Out socket, using Headphones (try turning the volume on the B2 up to 50 or more to get a reasonable level), it sounds like the B2 is basically working. How have you got it set up - speakers connected to the B2, Line Out to an existing amplifier, etc? Is the B2 connected to WiFi, etc?

Please reply on the new Forum.

Paul
Brennan Support.