Elaine Simper

Dec 30, 2020, 7:18:18 AM12/30/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi, following on from my post about my BB1, I thought it might be easier to backup the B2 I have to a USB and then upload to the BB1. I put the USB into USB C and selected export to C. The red light flashed and the display read it was backing up track1...2... etc. It seems to have stopped at 289, the red light stopped flashing and the time is stuck when it stopped. Is this supposed to happen? Does it start again? It says on the display .flac as well, is it compressing onto the USB? I looked at the UI before hand and it says just over 64GB is used so my USB is 128GB.
Thanks, Elaine.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2020, 7:43:40 AM12/30/20
to Brennan Forum
No it should not be doing what you describe.
My first thought is where did your get your 128GB USB? if it was off e-bay then it could be fake and not actually have the storage advertised! (which could cause your issue).
Below is the link which provides advice on fake SD and USB devices as well as the test software link.

Elaine Simper

Dec 30, 2020, 8:49:16 AM12/30/20
to Brennan Forum
I got it today from pcworld. The external CD drive was from Amazon as it seemed to be the only place to get things like that from. Used to go to Maplin years ago! Anyway. I switched the B2 off and on again and selected export to C ad it seems to be continuing where it left off. We'll see how it goes.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2020, 9:43:29 AM12/30/20
to Brennan Forum
Sounds more like it.!
Hope it finishes OK this time.

Elaine Simper

Dec 30, 2020, 2:00:35 PM12/30/20
to Brennan Forum
yes, it has worked! I now have my full library on the BB1. Musth've been a glitch on the B2. Anyway, been out to the shops today, hearing we in Lancashire are in Tier 4 tomorrow is a worry, so got things done. The BB1 is for my caravan really when we're allowed back in. I'd go tomorrow if I could, but rules are rules. Take care everyone.

PMB

Dec 31, 2020, 3:54:29 AM12/31/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Elaine,

Just a thought - what memory capacity is your BB1 - standard models are 16GB or 32GB - so 64GBs of music will not fit?

Choices are - changing the micro SD Card inside the BB1 for a larger capacity one or compressing the backed up files from the B2 to MP3 (MP3s take up much less memory space compared to FLAC) on your computer (requires 3rd party software - Google for convert FLAC to MP3).

Or of course you could import a selection of Albums only.

Paul
Brennan Support.