Need new bluetooth dongle - suggestions?

Jordan Aberman

Jan 13, 2022, 12:16:36 PM1/13/22
to Brennan Forum
I have B2 that has never recognized the stock Bluetooth dongle ("no dongle" is the message, even after resets), but I had no use for it.  Now I do.  Assuming the dongle is defective, I'm going to try replacing it to get this functioning, and hopefully won't have any issues with the port or B2 itself.  I'm not very familiar with different versions of Bluetooth - any suggested dongles and USB extensions, if needed?
Thanks,
Jordan

JFBUK

Jan 13, 2022, 3:17:00 PM1/13/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jordan,
If you bought your B2 and dongle recently from Brennan then I would think they would replace the dongle under warranty.
Have you tried the dongle in both USB A and USB C ?
I would also try your wifi dongle in both USB A and USB C just to make sure it’s not the USB port that’s faulty.I’m assuming  you are using wifi.
What version of the Brennan software are you using ?
The B2B version offers better Bluetooth support than the B2 version
I don’t think there is a recommended dongle but Paul from Brennan will be able to advise.

John

fred.w....@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2022, 5:04:40 PM1/13/22
to Brennan Forum
If you are going to use Bluetooth in a big way there is also the option of acquiring a larger Bluetooth transmitter which will take an optical output from the Brennan B2.

Fred

PMB

Jan 14, 2022, 4:15:10 AM1/14/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jordon,

If your B2 is still within the warranty period - 1 year from purchase - we will replace the Bluetooth dongle. In that case email us on -   thebrennanb2   @   gmail   .   com   - no spaces, with a brief description - so we know what it is about.

If out of warranty - the Bluetooth dongle is CSR4.0 and must be compatible with the Raspberry Pi (the computer board used inside the B2). The Pi Hut usually have compatible ones.

Paul
Brennan Support.