Can't upload folders/files

David Robson

Apr 3, 2022, 7:02:31 AM4/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi - I found the best way to upload music to the B2 was to rip the disc then divide the contents into more folders, then upload via the Web UI. Now, inexplicably, it won't do this anymore. I get the  error message (for example): "192.168.1.226 says Upload error: error file = 1.Alegro Orgoglioso.flac".  Does anyone know why this is happening? And how to stop it? Rebooting the B2 and/or my laptop and/or router hasn't helped.
Thanks for any ideas.

Peter Lowham

Apr 3, 2022, 7:06:01 AM4/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi David,

What version of software is your B2 running on?

Have you run 'Web Upgrade' recently?

Regards,
Peter.

JFBUK

Apr 3, 2022, 7:35:34 AM4/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi David,

are you using the bulk upload or file upload in the Web UI ?

John

fred.w....@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2022, 7:47:55 AM4/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi John,

I think the first line of his question says he is using the Web UI.

Fred

JFBUK

Apr 3, 2022, 7:53:09 AM4/3/22
to Brennan Forum
David replied direct

Hi John

Thanks for quick response. I’ve tried both. Fails notwithstanding. I wonder if it’s something I have unwittingly deleted during the process of splitting the CD into separate folders (although it used not to happen). Stumped!

Hi David,

There have been no changes to the Web UI upload in any recent releases so I think you are possibly making a typo somewhere.

It should not matter that you have split an album into different folders as long as

1. for the bulk upload your folder structure is still artist\album\tracks

2. for the file upload you only choose the contents of one bottom level folder

e.g.

Screenshot 2022-04-03 124154.jpg

Screenshot 2022-04-03 124355.jpg

Screenshot 2022-04-03 125217.jpg

JFBUK

Apr 3, 2022, 8:46:34 AM4/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi David,

please use the Reply All button when posting so that your replies get placed on the forum for everyone to see.

You sent me the following screen shot which I have annotated

Screenshot 2022-04-03 132742.jpg

In the web UI choose file upload and complete as per this mockup screenshot.
When you click on the choose files you need to select all the track files as per your screenshot
Then click on Send To Brennan
Screenshot 2022-04-03 133255.jpg

If you choose Bulk upload then you would select the 'Music' folder as per your screenshot and it would upload all three 'albums' by Nielsen
The dialog will ask you to confirm the upload with a count of the tracks to be uploaded.

John

JFBUK

Apr 4, 2022, 5:30:08 AM4/4/22
to Brennan Forum
David replied direct to my email

Hi John

Thanks again for your reply. I have been doing precisely as you describe, whether bulk uploading or file uploading. On the B2 I scanned the disc and rebooted and tried again, using the bulk method. Worked fine on one folder (4 tracks), but when I tried a second folder it worked ok for the first two tracks but then I got the same error message on the third one. A mystery. It was working fine until a week or so ago.

Best wishes

Hi David,

can you post your usage stats ?

in the Web UI click on the little cog wheel on the top line
They will look something like this
Screenshot 2022-04-04 102658.jpg

Can you also check that you are not seeing an 'HDD Read Only'  message in the scrolling info on your B2 front panel

John

JFBUK

Apr 4, 2022, 6:14:34 AM4/4/22
to Brennan Forum

Latest from David

Hi John

This is part of the page you mentioned. On the scroll it just says ‘Source: Hard Disc’ (no ‘Read only’)

Screenshot 2022-04-04 110710.jpg

Lets hope someone else has a bright idea. The only other thing that springs to mind is there is something in your file naming or one of the files that is causing the B2 to stop uploading.

The debug listing may help

1. In the web UI - click cog wheel, then the spanner/wrench at the bottom and then Clear
This will clear down the debug listing

2. Attempt the bulk upload again

3. In the web UI - click cog wheel, then the spanner/wrench at the bottom
select all the text in the  debug window and paste into a text document that you can attach to your post.

John

David Robson

Apr 4, 2022, 6:28:10 AM4/4/22
to Brennan Forum

Here is the copied text from the debug window (after having cleared it and then reattempted the bulk upload, which failed):

webGuest url = guest&mode=0&playlist=1&time=1649067975136

setGuestModePlaylist 0

David Robson

Apr 4, 2022, 6:41:50 AM4/4/22
to Brennan Forum
Did 'Web Upgrade' as suggested. Every time I reboot the B2 uploading works (I think) but only for a time it seems.

Peter Lowham

Apr 4, 2022, 7:34:44 AM4/4/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi David,

If you are using a wireless connection between your router and your B2 could you run the following function from the front panel?

'Settings' --> 'Maintenance' --> 'Wifi Strength'

and post the result here.

Regards,
Peter.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2022, 12:20:58 PM4/4/22
to Brennan Forum
I was just looking through this thread and my eye fell on the "guestmode" if this is ON then the B2 will be in read only configuration. Try toggling the setting, it is found under the front screen settings menu.

Fred