Album Art

Jeff. M.

Feb 12, 2022, 11:07:45 AM2/12/22
to Brennan Forum
A few weeks ago i made a playlist of all my mirror files , mp3s, and exported them to a USB stick for using in my car! I now have a new car which has the ability to display album art. Not expecting these files to display it, but they do. But, I cannot when i inspect the files see anything other than music files on the stick! Is the art somehow embedded in the music file????
Just curious!

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2022, 11:55:33 AM2/12/22
to Brennan Forum
Yes the image can be embedded, along with other stuff about the music as 'tags' within the music file.

Fred

Jeff. M.

Feb 12, 2022, 12:05:11 PM2/12/22
to Brennan Forum
Cheers Fred, is there any way i could see this? I am happy that it works, just curious as to , how!

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2022, 12:17:38 PM2/12/22
to Brennan Forum
Look up mp3 tags in Wikipedia.

Fred

Daniel Taylor

Feb 12, 2022, 1:48:46 PM2/12/22
to Brennan Forum
I've had dBpoweramp on my computer that I forgot that you can't see the tag info without a program that will read and display it.  Obviously, dBpoweramp will do that, in addition to being able to rip CDs and convert music files from one format to another.

I know that there are other programs that will read the tag info.  One that is talked about frequently here in the forum is mp3tag, which is a free download.  Check it out.

JFBUK

Feb 13, 2022, 6:19:13 AM2/13/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jeff,

if you are running Windows then you can get File Explorer to show you tags at the individual file level, including any embedded art
I'm running Windows 11 in my screenshots

John

tags.jpg
preview.jpg

Jeff. M.

Feb 13, 2022, 7:11:19 AM2/13/22
to Brennan Forum
Oh, thanks for that John, I will try that later!

Jeff. M.

Feb 13, 2022, 7:35:58 AM2/13/22
to Brennan Forum
Just tried it John, thanks, very few files have the art, just going to try in car again!