Options for CD Artwork

James O

Nov 13, 2021, 6:57:13 AM11/13/21
to Brennan Forum
So while there are 2 additional options for CD cover artwork other than the standard CD DB lookup, Musicbrainz and Amazon, I have many CD's that do not appear in any currently available source.

Is there a way or can there be a way to add a feature to allow a "Cut and Paste" of CD cover artwork from other web sources like ebay, Google Images, CD reviews or even your own pictures from you photos on your compute or from an online storage source?

Maybe I am missing a way to add obscure and unusual CD cover art??

Any suggestions of additions would be helpful.

JFBUK

Nov 13, 2021, 9:21:51 AM11/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

one way to do this is to use the upload functionality in the Web UI.

If you save the art on your computer you can upload it to an existing album folder on your Brennan.

The art can be a .JPG or a .PNG file

John

Before

Screenshot 2021-11-13 141421.JPG

upload the file alvin.jpg

Screenshot 2021-11-13 141522.JPG

after

Screenshot 2021-11-13 141554.JPG

fred.w....@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2021, 4:03:53 PM11/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Or set up the B2 NAS and just copy the jpeg artwork into the CD's track folder.
Fred

Message has been deleted

Daniel Taylor

Nov 13, 2021, 8:06:15 PM11/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Is there a limit on filesize for artwork?   Is there an optimal filesize or resolution.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2021, 8:39:21 PM11/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Well the Public sources seem to be 500*500
but here is what a CD folder looks like in the B2 music database (via Windows File Explorer and the B2's NAS)
a.JPG

Fred