Convert BKF (v1) to BPC (v2) - not active

Ivan Liik

Sep 16, 2021, 8:32:29 AM9/16/21
to Brekel
Hi,

I am trying out the Point cloud v3 evaluation and have some old .bkf files that I would like to upload in the v3 timeline.
There are two options under File...convert old Brekel bin file which is active and convert BKF to BPC which is grayed out and not active.
After choosing to convert old bin file and cancelling that action I an instant popup Open window explorer asking for a bkf file which I choose but get a Critical window saying Error converting file.

Is it possible to convert v1 files for v3?

Thanks

Liik

Brekel

Sep 17, 2021, 10:02:44 AM9/17/21
to Brekel
Older style BPC files (recorded in v2 or converted from BKF in v1) should load in v3, the only caveat is that some features (like multi-sensor alignment) may not always work since those older files did not contain all lens calibration values.

Not sure why the conversion crashes on your machine, could you share the file maybe?