Brekel Body Pro 3 Beta and Blender retargeting

Chris Hatfield

Jul 9, 2021, 2:04:15 AM7/9/21
to Brekel

Trying to use Brekel mocap and retargeting with Auto Rig Pro and mesh gets odd deformations, IK is currently turned off. Any advise.

a376dd8014c5f9b89befa58d31d3fbde44767774.jpegba1d87523c91f23825df121351eb3a75bf6d44fa.jpeg

Brekel

Jul 9, 2021, 6:19:46 AM7/9/21
to Brekel
I'm not a Blender / Auto Rig Pro user myself but it seems the input bones are a bit mangled, maybe that is the cause of the issue?

Assuming you loaded an FBX file, I believe Blender has an option to auto orient joints on import (unfortunately Blender doesn't use the official free FBX SDK but has reverse engineered their own solution which can be a bit quirky and needs some user attention at times)

Chris Hatfield

Jul 9, 2021, 6:59:47 AM7/9/21
to Brekel
Yeah, tried auto reorientation and got the results from the second image. The second image the neck joint doesn't align. I've retargeted other fbx files Mixamo etc and other bvh data and received good results. Its whenever I use Brekel FBX or BVH I got whats pictured. Pulling my hair out, as I'd love to use multiple cameras and individuals for capturing data, with the features of pro 3 beta.