Access to gryo and accel data from OpenVR recordings

Robin Held

Jul 13, 2021, 3:01:09 PM7/13/21
to Brekel
I'd like to record the gyro and accelerometer data that are provided by openVR in this data structure while using a Vive headset with knuckles controllers:

Is it possible to use the OpenVR Recorder to record those data long with the positions and orientations of the controlelrs?

Brekel

Jul 21, 2021, 5:51:10 AM7/21/21
to Brekel
At the moment no.
My experience with IMU data is that it's generally quite noisy and not so useful besides using it to calculate orientation data (which the drivers/SDK already do and is used by the Brekel app of course).

I'll add an item to the request list to investigate if the IMU data quality is usable.

Thanks for the tip!