Brekel Hands Pro - Calculating joint angles

Kurt Stewart

Jun 17, 2021, 5:36:33 AM6/17/21
to Brekel
Hi I am wondering if anyone has calculated joint angles from the csv output, or another way to do so? I am thinking that the rotations are in terms of the reference frame? I am not sure.
Also degrees or radians?

Thanks!

Brekel

Jun 17, 2021, 6:28:28 AM6/17/21
to Brekel

All data is in local coordinates (so in relation to their parent).

Angles are expressed in degrees (not radians).

Hope that helps,

Kurt Stewart

Jun 17, 2021, 6:31:02 AM6/17/21
to Brekel
Thanks!!

Kurt Stewart

Jun 17, 2021, 10:33:12 AM6/17/21
to Brekel
What is the reference frame for the angles? each joint? I noticed in another thread that they are euler angles

Brekel

Jun 17, 2021, 10:43:52 AM6/17/21
to Brekel
They're all in local coordinates, so in reference of their direct parent.
To know which direction each axis is pointed, that depends on the Axis Setup settings in the UI, you can use the Axis toggle in the 3D viewport to visualize these.

Kurt Stewart

Jun 17, 2021, 11:04:51 AM6/17/21
to Brekel
Thanks so much!

Kurt Stewart

Jun 23, 2021, 11:53:29 AM6/23/21
to Brekel
Just double-checking that it uses the right-hand rule. If so the X-axis is red, Y-axis is green and Z-axis is blue. Thanks. This is what I seemed to get from data
right_hand_axes.png

Brekel

Jun 23, 2021, 11:55:01 AM6/23/21
to Brekel
Yes, a standard OpenGL, right handed coordinate system.