Vive Tracker integrated buttons

Jacob Danell

Feb 28, 2022, 10:06:42 AM2/28/22
to Brekel
Hi! I emailed the support about this but I'm guessing writing here is also good for others to see.

I'm wondering if OpenVR Recorder supports the integrated buttons (accessible through the pogo pins) of the Vive Tracker (v3 in my case)? I can't seem to get any response inside of software for any button presses.
If it currently doesn't support it, is it something that could be added?

I'm currently mounting my Vive tracker on a camera to use for camera tracking. The problem I'm currently have is to sync up the recorded animation with the cameras image in post. Currently I'm shaking the camera in the start of every shot but it's not always possible if the camera is locked on a crane or something like that.

My idea was to use the buttons on the tracker to send a signal back to OpenVR Recorder as well as lighten up a LED in front of the lens. Then it's just to match the LED binking and the button press.

Another solution could be to use the general purpose output pin of the Vive Tracker. Looking at the dev guidelines ( https://developer.vive.com/documents/850/HTC_Vive_Tracker_3.0_Developer_Guidelines_v1.1_06022021.pdf page 17 (page 14 printed on the page) ) the first pin is a general purpose digital output. Would it be possible for OpenVR Recorder to push out a signal to that pin when the recording starts? If so I could ether simply connect a LED directly to it if it's powerful enough or use an Arudino to listen for a signal and then power a LED.

Cheers!

Brekel

Mar 29, 2022, 9:26:15 AM3/29/22
to Brekel
Sorry but I have never been able to figure out how to get the button on the Vive trackers working with OpenVR/SteamVR (not even sure this is accesible from the SDK/drivers).
I currently don't have access or skills to hook things up to the pogo pins.

Jacob Danell

Mar 29, 2022, 10:39:00 AM3/29/22
to Brekel
I see.
Would it be possible to add a feature to use a button of a Valve Index controller as a start-recording-button instead? That would be the next best thing.

Brekel

Mar 30, 2022, 6:39:45 AM3/30/22
to Brekel
I'll add it to the request list, thanks for the suggestion.

toyxyz

Apr 12, 2022, 6:30:29 AM4/12/22
to Brekel
If I can assign hotkeys to record buttons in Brekel openvr recorder, I can use ovr toolkit to assign record hotkeys to controller buttons.  Currently, the cumbersome process of opening the menu -> pressing the record button -> closing the menu is required. Ovr tookit -  How to change bindings in OVR Toolkit - YouTube

2022년 3월 30일 수요일 오후 7시 39분 45초 UTC+9에 Brekel님이 작성: