Question about Retargetting Skeleton in Unreal Engine

Smart Stuff

Apr 1, 2022, 12:22:00 PM4/1/22
to Brekel
I have brekel linked to unreal engine with Live Link. However, I have not yet been able to retarget the brekel skeleton to the default mannequin.

After going through the retargetting process in both Unreal Engine 4 and 5, only the head of the mannequin was retargeted correctly. The rest of the mannequin's body did not move at all.

Any ideas about what is happening?

My only clue is that when it auto maps the bones from the brekel skeleton to the Epic rig, only the head was recognized automatically. I had to fill everything else in manually. Could it have something to do with the naming scheme.

I'd be happy to provide my project file if that would give more insight.

Thanks,
Owen

Ruben Kotkamp

Apr 6, 2022, 11:52:25 AM4/6/22
to Brekel
What you could try (which I am doing right now) is to retarget the skeleton brekel provides onto a different mesh in Blender. You are going to have to do some weigthpainting, but it seems to work!

Michael Kögler

Apr 11, 2022, 7:03:20 AM4/11/22
to Brekel
Hi Ruben,

would you mind sharing the retargetted mesh (maybe as .fbx)? I am struggeling with the weightpainting.
Thanks

Michael