I cannot get the kinect sdks to register with Body v3

GhostsFromSpain

Aug 9, 2021, 7:05:41 AM8/9/21
to Brekel

I cannot get Body v3 to acknowledge either of the Kinect SDKs - the selection remains blank even if I click the download SDK button

Body v2 works just fine and  last months Body v3 was working

Brekel

Aug 9, 2021, 7:31:57 AM8/9/21
to Brekel
Sorry, about that.
This morning I noticed there was a problem with some of the internal libraries missing in the latest upload which caused almost all of the sensors to report not detecting/loading correctly.

It should be fixed now, I didn't increase the version number as it was only on the server for a short while.
Re-downloading the latest version should make things work again.

Greets,

GhostsFromSpain

Aug 9, 2021, 8:41:49 AM8/9/21
to Brekel
ok it is working now - thanks
I do have a concern, the CPU is reading 99% - this might be something I am doing wrong but I thought I would mention it now

Brekel

Aug 9, 2021, 9:25:13 AM8/9/21
to Brekel
Do you happen to be using an AMD CPU?

I noticed the internal multi-threading model can make those CPU's spin up to 100% at times (even though it may not actually do work but is idling), I'm currently investigating a new approach that should mitigate this.

GhostsFromSpain

Aug 9, 2021, 10:31:57 AM8/9/21
to Brekel
yes it's a AMD CPU and maybe it was actually idling as I didn't hear the fan spin up - ok

Brekel

Aug 9, 2021, 10:51:59 AM8/9/21
to Brekel
Thanks for confirming.
It turns out there are some differences between Intel & AMD regarding this but I found a fix to optimize things more for both platforms, coming in the next update.