Set center to object-location - OpenVR Recorder feature request

Jacob Danell

Feb 5, 2022, 12:43:08 PM2/5/22
to Brekel
I'm using OpenVR Recorder at different location where I won't have time to run a room setup.
What would help some would be to be able to just place one tracker on the ground and select that tracker's position in the software to be the global offset, thus that location would be 0,0,0.
Not as good a real room setup but better than nothing.

Would this be possible?

Cheers!

Brekel

Feb 7, 2022, 7:07:19 AM2/7/22
to Brekel
Sorry but at the moment it is not possible to override or replace the room setup.

Jacob Danell

Feb 7, 2022, 7:11:12 AM2/7/22
to Brekel
I currently manually enter the reverse position of my tracker into the Global Offset and that does what I'm after.
What would be a great feature is a button that simply does this for you instead of having to copy-paste the values manually every time. Select your tracker, press the button, done.

Brekel

Feb 8, 2022, 5:05:05 AM2/8/22
to Brekel
Ah sorry, I see, that sounds like a good idea indeed.
I'll add it to the request list, thanks for your suggestion.

Jacob Danell

Feb 10, 2022, 6:38:06 AM2/10/22
to Brekel
Just got the 1.40 update and saw that my feature request was added. Thanks a bunch!
I noticed one thing tho, that the rotation happens before the positioning so when snapping both position and rotation the device is no longer in 0,0,0 space.
Is this something that could be fixed?

Thanks again!

Jacob Danell

Feb 10, 2022, 10:58:18 AM2/10/22
to Brekel
Another bug I found: If you have two devices with the same name ({htc}vr_tracker_vive_3_0 in my case) the button with catch the first devices information no matter what device you select in the dropdown.

Brekel

Feb 18, 2022, 10:15:39 AM2/18/22
to Brekel
Thanks for the feedback, should be fixed in 1.41 that was just uploaded.