Does Brekel Point Cloud v3 align/work?

Rory C Mitchell

Jan 27, 2022, 7:42:12 PM1/27/22
to Brekel
hi there --

I've been playing around with the trial version of Point Cloud v3 and I'm curious if other people have gotten it to work before?  The only folks I see talking about it in the groups are people who have had the same alignment problems as me, specifically : It doesn't align.

I've using 4 azure kinects each at the corner of a square pointing inward, they're each about 10 feet away from each other, and 1 meter off the ground.  They're all oriented horizontally.

I've tried the point cloud syncing, and printed out the marker on an 11' x 17" sheet, and glued it flat on a piece of cardboard, and nothing ever works, it doesn't even come close to placing the cameras in the correct place.

Does this software work for volumetric capture of bodies?  Are there any examples of captures people have made online?  If there are videos of how to align or any other resources you guys could point me to, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!

Brekel

Jan 28, 2022, 3:46:13 AM1/28/22
to Brekel
Hi,

Hard to say anything sensible without seeing things of course.

Did you measure your marker and input the value under "Custom Marker Length (in mm)"?
Is the marker visible and large in the frame of multiple sensors at once when you slowly move it around?

Note that you can record BPC files and run alignment from the timeline, this can be more accurate and a bit easier to control than live alignment.
Also alignment from the timeline has a mode that can use a human body which can be easier at times.

Greets,