Pointcloud 3 - Livestreaming merged cloud

Bart Moens

May 6, 2022, 4:27:25 AM5/6/22
to Brekel
Would it be possible to livestream the merged pointcloud over tcp/udp using a simple protocol?

Our goal would be to have a setup in two adjacent rooms where people can see each other as holograms (using unity, hololenses (V2) and multiple kinects azure for point cloud capture) for a joint musical experiment.  Sufficient computing power & bandwidth is available; but the only issue now is to capture the participant from multple angles - thus requiring multiple calibrated depth sensors.  The Pointcloud3 does this wonderfully; but we can't find a way to get the point cloud out.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Bart
Ghent University

Deigratia Daniels

May 6, 2022, 10:29:21 AM5/6/22
to Brekel
This sounds interesting. I don't have a particular solution for you, but I would like to partner with you all to see if there's a way to come up with a solution. Is there any way that I can help? Here's my LinedIn for ref:  (99+) Deigratia Daniels | LinkedIn

alain baumann

Sep 2, 2022, 3:38:18 AM9/2/22
to Brekel
Hello Bart,
I read this message on the Brekel forum and was wondering whether you did find a solution, or if you have a webpage or similar that gives information about the project you mention,
Thank you,
Best
Alain