ProBody 2 Live link to UE4 Skeletal mesh Remapping

Jay

Dec 10, 2018, 7:51:06 PM12/10/18
to Brekel Kinect
Hi Brekel,

I have setup the live link but only the head rotates. What are the names of the bones in Brekel Body Pro 2? Im guessing I will need these to create a blueprint to remap the animation data to a skeletal mesh.

Any advice if you have done this process before would be appriciated.

Thanks.

Brekel

Dec 12, 2018, 4:01:59 AM12/12/18
to Brekel Kinect

Hi,

Have a look at the accompanying example FBX file, you can see the exact skeleton structure (names and hierarchy) in there.

Greets,

Jay

Dec 18, 2018, 1:41:10 PM12/18/18
to Brekel Kinect
Hey Brekel,

Thats great, really helped. Have remapped the bones in ue4. However I the axis are different. I think possibly z & y are flipped. is there a way within brekel to correct this or would i have to think of a way in blueprints?

Thanks. j

Brekel

Dec 19, 2018, 4:40:35 AM12/19/18
to Brekel Kinect
Hi Jay,

The skeleton (structure and axis) are locked to the tracker and cannot be changed.
You'll either have to compensate for this with blueprints or retargeting (I'm not a UE4 expert by any means, not sure what is best/available), or adjust your character's rig to match.

Greets,

Jay

Dec 26, 2018, 9:08:36 AM12/26/18
to Brekel Kinect
Hi

I just noticed in the list of features it says "Optionally live stream directly to Unreal Engine 4 using included example scene".
It that an ue4 project or is it referring to the fbx?

Thanks, Jay

Jay

Dec 26, 2018, 9:16:38 AM12/26/18
to Brekel Kinect
Also am I right in thinking that Pro body regards Y as up?

Cheers, Jay

Brekel

Dec 26, 2018, 5:10:57 PM12/26/18
to Brekel Kinect
Hi Jay,

The Brekel Body & Face Apps can send out live network stream data to UE4's Live Link feature and come with an example FBX file and step by step guide in the documentation.
Indeed the Brekel apps use a standard Y-up OpenGL coordinate system, however when realtime streaming (or using pre-recorded FBX files) this should be adjusted automatically in the app you use it in.

Greets,

Jay

Feb 21, 2019, 2:50:50 PM2/21/19
to Brekel Kinect
Hi Brekel,

Yep Im still having trouble with getting this working :(

Y is up in brekel, Z is up in UE4. Im guessing its just a matter of the axis needing to be swapped or rotated. If you have any tips to what the maths would be in each scenario it would be appriciated. Or even a signpost in the right direction?

All the best,

Jay

Onyxmoon

Jul 3, 2019, 7:56:14 AM7/3/19
to Brekel Kinect
My project team and I encountered the same problem and wanted to know if anyone managed to successfully retarget the Brekel Livelink data to the UE4 Skeletal Mesh?
We tried different approaches (LiveLink Retargeting, ControlRig), but unfortunately the reversed axes caused problems, so our skeleton always falls on its face. (Poor skeleton).
Does anyone have an idea that can help our bony friend?

Michael Nalbandian

Feb 7, 2022, 2:49:13 PM2/7/22
to Brekel
Stuck in same situation. Any ways to remap to .FBX in Ue4 for realtime?