Export a sequence of depth maps or depth value of a single point?

Evan Hemingway

Jun 24, 2021, 10:31:42 PM6/24/21
to Brekel
Hello,

I want to measure the noise of my Kinect sensor. I am interested in measuring the depth value of a single pixel in time, where I am recording a static scene. Then I just want to plot the depth value over time and calculate the mean and standard deviation of the depth value. Is this possible in the software? It seems that all the export settings are for point clouds.

Thank you,

Evan

Brekel

Jun 25, 2021, 4:36:24 AM6/25/21
to Brekel
You could export raw depth data using the OpenEXR or PNG texture file formats and analyze those in an external program.

Evan Hemingway

Jun 29, 2021, 10:42:01 PM6/29/21
to Brekel
Thanks for the reply. I was able to get it done using the PNG. I averaged the depth values of a series of 30 frames in MATLAB to get an averaged .png. What I would like to do now is get it back into Brekel to compute the 3D cloud. Looks like Brekel only imports .bpc and .wav files. Is there any way to see the parameters that Brekel uses to calculate the 3D points, i.e., camera center and focal lengths? Then I can compute my own 3D cloud directly from the PNG.

Best,

Evan

Brekel

Jul 1, 2021, 12:56:29 PM7/1/21
to Brekel
Importing files from other tools into Brekel Pointcloud is outside of the scope of the app.
The values in those PNG files represent the distance to the sensor.

Evan Hemingway

Jul 1, 2021, 5:56:32 PM7/1/21
to Brekel
Thanks.

I noticed that when I Print Sensor Calibration Data, that fx = cx. Is this a bug? Perhaps fx is meant to be assigned as fy, or else read in separately?

Best,

Evan

Evan Hemingway

Jul 1, 2021, 5:59:04 PM7/1/21
to Brekel
This is for the Kinect Azure output.

Brekel

Jul 2, 2021, 5:22:54 AM7/2/21
to Brekel
Thanks for spotting that, will get it fixed for the next release.