Framerate at 1920 is rejected as FBX import to Unreal 5, wants 30fps

Scott Perry

Dec 9, 2022, 11:36:01 AM12/9/22
to Brekel
A year ago I was able to import FBX onto the Brekel skeleton and successfully retarget it to the Mannequin and to my Mannequin based characters.  Those imports were listed at 30fps. This was on an older Body 3 build.  This is not Live Link but importing FBX files.

Now I am using build 9 and getting a FBX file listed as 1920 fps, not 30. The import of FBX to Unreal 5 fails even when I set the "range" manually. Strangely, the very first time I imported on build 9 it did load and listed at 30fps.  But every capture since, with no changes to the setup have resulted in 1920 and a rejection of the import. Wont import on Export Time or Animation Time or manually setting Export Range.

As I understand it Body 3 only outputs 30fps.  What setting am I missing, or what factor might account for the problem?

Scott Perry

Dec 10, 2022, 3:31:21 PM12/10/22
to Brekel

I can't tell you exactly why it works, but it does.  You have to calculate the number of frames at 30fps x clip length. Then in the Frame Import Range boxes.... Min = 1 and Max ____ = a few frames shy of exactly the calculated frame length or it will be rejected by Unreal with error about "Animation Length not compatible...".

Finally, at the bottom of the Import FBX window use Import and NOT Import All. Again, I don't know for sure why.