Brekel Pointcloud v3 BETA v0.8 NO ALIGNMENT WORKING

Leonardo Scarin

Jul 18, 2021, 11:37:59 AM7/18/21
to Brekel
Hi!

I have had this issue since I bought Brekel Pointcloud last year and never managed to fix it, when connecting two kinects v2 on two different laptops I can't get a proper alignment, neither with a marker nor with the pointcloud. I tried with live and pre-recorded footage but the result is quite the same.

Other than the body alignment, the timestamps alignment doesn't work either. The files come up with two different durations and can't sync properly unless I edit them manually.

Attached documentation and the 2 BPC files I'm using.

Any clue on how to troubleshoot this?

Best
Leo

Leonardo Scarin

Jul 18, 2021, 11:48:09 AM7/18/21
to Brekel
PS - is there a way to manually calibrate the multiple sensors with recorded files? It seems to me that the only way is to use the Marker or Pointcloud tools which are faulty on my end.

Brekel

Jul 21, 2021, 6:03:36 AM7/21/21
to Brekel
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and files, looking at your recorded videos:

- your sensors don't see your feet and the floor which may very likely be throwing off any floor detection which is part of the pointcloud and offline refinement methods
- your marker is very small, it's recommended to use A3 or larger, the more pixels in camera view the better for the detector
- your marker is not flat (best to stick it on a hard surface like cardboard, foamboard or wood for example), when it bends the detector will reject it immediately

In your recorded files I noticed they only contain a few frames, the majority of frames seem to have been dropped during recording.
Hard to say what caused this without seeing the logs but it could be that the machine's hardware couldn't keep up with processing data.

Could you share the log files of your machines? Especially logs after doing a recording and/or calibration.
They should reside in the Brekel folder inside your Windows Documents folder.

Op zondag 18 juli 2021 om 17:48:09 UTC+2 schreef scars...@gmail.com:
Message has been deleted

Leonardo Scarin

Jul 22, 2021, 8:43:23 AM7/22/21
to Brekel
Hi!

Thanks for your answer :) I will try it today with your instructions

Here are the log files from laptop 1 and 2.
Brekel_PointCloud_v3_console.log
Brekel_PointCloud_v3_console.log
Brekel_PointCloud_v3.log
Brekel_PointCloud_v3.log

Leonardo Scarin

Jul 23, 2021, 6:28:25 AM7/23/21
to Brekel
Hey!

Just tried again like you said, with a2 marker, visible feet, three kinects. No alignment works yet, either live or in post. Am I still doing something wrong?

Leo

Leonardo Scarin

Jul 23, 2021, 7:28:59 AM7/23/21
to Brekel
Also tried recording and aligning it in post. No result. Is the alignment system usually working?

Brekel

Jul 26, 2021, 4:36:53 AM7/26/21
to Brekel
From the logs I couldn't make out if all sensors were running at full frame rate and timestamps were (roughly) aligned across machines.
I noticed from your logs that one of the machines is a 2.6 Ghz with no dedicated graphics card, this may be on the slow side but the 12 cores may make up for it.

What I do see in the recorded marker BPC files is that there are hardly any frames where two sensors see the markerboard at the same time.
You may want to either try reduce the angle between sensors and in any case hold your board level with the floor so the marker points towards the ceiling to have a better chance of sensors seeing the marker at the same time.

Also with that large window over exposing some of your sensors you may want to set manual exposure.