How to retarget live link in Unreal Engine

Smart Stuff

Mar 30, 2022, 11:57:58 PM3/30/22
to Brekel
I have been trying to figure out how to retarget the brekel skeleton onto the default Unreal Engine Mannequin. I have been using UE5. I have yet to figure out how to apply the motion from the live link feed to the retargetted skeleton. What is the process for going about this?

Don Darkson

Dec 8, 2022, 11:05:24 PM12/8/22
to Brekel
you will need to create an 'IK rig' for mr Brekel, then a 'IK retargeter' choosing his skeleton both times upon creation.

then you can proceed to retarget to the unreal mannequin (recommended) or your custom character with its own set up ik rig.

best way to understand how ik rigs work is to import 3rd or topdown starter content and study the mannys ik rigs

hope this helps.

Don Darkson

Dec 8, 2022, 11:09:19 PM12/8/22
to Brekel
ive managed to get it done, I however am going to have a time reducing glitchy foot and hand rolls within unreal....first attempt tho :p

has anyone any tips on cleaning up keys within unreal editor 5?

Miguel Quezada

Dec 20, 2022, 8:43:49 PM12/20/22
to Brekel
hey, i would like some help with retargetting (money involved). reach me out