Transactions and asyncConnection

1 view

nwebb

Mar 18, 2010, 6:40:01 AM3/18/10
to Breaking out of the Web Browser with Adobe AIR
Hi Mike/Jeff,

I noticed that the only place you used BeginTransaction &
CommitTransaction in the project are commented out in favour of a
loop. Did you also find that you couldn't get transactions to work
unless the connection was synchronous?

Cheers,
Neil

Michael Labriola

Mar 18, 2010, 11:41:21 AM3/18/10
to Breaking out of the Web Browser with Adobe AIR

Neil,

Correct. It appears transactions are a synchronous only concept.

Mike

nwebb

Mar 18, 2010, 1:23:49 PM3/18/10
to Breaking out of the Web Browser with Adobe AIR
Much appreciated.

I'm starting to wonder whether sync would be a better route for some
apps or whether it would impact much visually - I'm dealing with tens
or hundreds of records in my app, not thousands.
For example, when a combo value is selected I may add/update/delete
100 records, I'm wondering if that is likely to make the combo-close-
animation stutter slightly or look jerky.
If anyone has any real-world experience of this I'd be interested to
hear back :)