dpTimeTracker giving me an error and can't proceed

Pilby

Apr 11, 2009, 2:32:49 PM4/11/09
to breaking-out-of-the-web...@googlegroups.com
I ran dpTimeTracker from Flex Builder, and I was able to successfully create a new user. But when I click the Login button, I would see a popup message near the system tray that says, "Your application is out of date, downloading new version." After 1 or 2 seconds, I get this popup error that says:

Error: This method is not supported if application is launched from ADL.
 at flash.desktop::Updater/update()
 at modules.authentication::Login/downloadStreamComplete()[C:\Tomcat5\webapps\TimeTracker2\src\modules\authentication\Login.as:226]

The error popup window gives me two buttons, to Dismiss All, and to Continue. Either way, it just leaves me at the login screen with the Login button disabled.

Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks.

P.S. I've tried to post this twice in the group by clicking the "New Post" link/button, but my posts just won't go through. So I am trying the email approach this time.

Elevight

Apr 11, 2009, 2:29:14 PM4/11/09
to Breaking out of the Web Browser with Adobe AIR

Michael Labriola

Apr 11, 2009, 3:36:55 PM4/11/09
to Breaking out of the Web Browser with Adobe AIR

Hi Guys,

Jeff and I will try to take a look at the app in the coming week. The
problem is that AIR is a moving target at this point with a few
releases since this content was first written, but we will try to
resolve.

It should be noted though that the application is not needed in any
way to get something from this book. The application is only there so
that we could show example in the context of the larger app, but in
all other ways it is completely ancillary.

Mike