Where is the CommandAdapter class?

gekhua

May 1, 2010, 9:38:46 AM5/1/10
to Breaking out of the Web Browser with Adobe AIR
I am baffled: according to the file -
AuthenticateCommand.as (found in package
modules.authentication.commands), there is an import:
import net.digitalprimates.framework.command.CommandAdapter;

But i couldn't find the class CommandAdapter (in fact i couldn't find
the net.digitalprimates.framework package at all).

Is there such a class for CommandAdapter? Why is it i couldn't find
the class?

Michael Labriola

May 1, 2010, 10:09:45 AM5/1/10
to Breaking out of the Web Browser with Adobe AIR

Hi.

Sorry I don't have a copy of this book with me at the moment, so I
can't refer you to the place where this is explained, however, the
CommandAdapter as well as several other classes that are used come
from a library. That library is likely called dpFramework.swc in your
libs folder for this book.

The Flex and AIR classes from Adobe are also distributed as libraries.
The difference is that Adobe is able to put a copy of that code on
your system as well when you install Flex/Flash Builder. So, when you
are using DataGrid or another class, you are using it from the
library, but if you ask to see the source, Builder knows where to find
it and display it to you.

You can find the latest source for that library at:

http://dplibrary.googlecode.com

If you wanted to browse the CommandAdapter or other classes to review
their implementation.

Thanks,
Mike

On May 1, 8:38 am, gekhua <tan.gek...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am baffled: according to the file -
> AuthenticateCommand.as (found in package
> modules.authentication.commands), there is an import:
> import net.digitalprimates.framework.command.CommandAdapter;
>
> But i couldn't find the class CommandAdapter (in fact i couldn't find
> the net.digitalprimates.framework package at all).
>
> Is there such a class for CommandAdapter? Why is it i couldn't find
> the class?

Jeff Tapper

May 1, 2010, 8:38:46 PM5/1/10
to Breaking out of the Web Browser with Adobe AIR
So you know, the application framework used in the book is explained
in Chapter 2, pages 26-28.