when will app be updated for AIR 1.5?

Jay Moss

Dec 22, 2008, 6:34:36 PM12/22/08
to Breaking out of the Web Browser with Adobe AIR
found answer to prior problem post:
Changing the namespace from 1.0 to 1.5 fixes this issue.
<application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/1.5">
http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-15687

This gets around "error while loading initial content" problem, but
app still does not function. When will this app be updated for AIR 1.5
(I'm assuming that is the problem)?

Is anyone getting these emails or monitoring this group at all?
Please reply if so.

Michael Labriola

Dec 28, 2008, 6:47:34 PM12/28/08
to Breaking out of the Web Browser with Adobe AIR

Jay,

Yes, people are monitoring this group, however, over the US holiday,
most of us were out of the office.

The application probably won't be upgraded to 1.5 for a while, as the
book refers to it as a 1.1 app. However, the app compiles and launches
correctly for me without changing the namespace.

I will try to figure out what is happening for you and provide more
information. You mention that the app still doesn't function for you.
Could you provide detail on this?

Mike

Jay Moss

Dec 29, 2008, 11:44:33 AM12/29/08
to Breaking out of the Web Browser with Adobe AIR
Mike,

The app starts up and displays the login screen but when I press the
login button I get:

Error: This method is not supported if application is launched from
ADL.
at flash.desktop::Updater/update()
at modules.authentication::Login/downloadStreamComplete()[C:\flex
\workspace\TimeTracker2\src\modules\authentication\Login.as:226]

There is also a notice that the app is out of date, and that it's
connected. I also tried creating a new user. That appears to
succeed, but when you login with that user, you get the same error.

thx,
Jay

Michael Labriola

Dec 29, 2008, 1:07:36 PM12/29/08
to breaking-out-of-the-web...@googlegroups.com
okay, let me setup a fresh machine which doesn't also have a 1.1 version on it

Jeff Tapper

Jan 3, 2009, 10:16:19 AM1/3/09
to Breaking out of the Web Browser with Adobe AIR
Jay -

I've updated the application descriptor so it will run under air 1.5
now. The error that you are seeing
Error: This method is not supported if application is launched from
ADL.
at flash.desktop::Updater/update()
at modules.authentication::Login/downloadStreamComplete()

is happening because the AIR security restrictions wont allow for the
Updater class to run, when running a version of the application
launched via ADL (The Adobe Debug Launcher), which is how it runs when
launched from Flex Builder.

Of course, another problem you will run into if you export a release
version and try to run it is that the updated file wont be signed with
the same certificate that you sign your version with, which will cause
another error. You can bypass all of these errors by bypassing the
check for new versions, which you can do by opening Login.as (in the
modules.authentication directory), and finding the
compareAndUpdateVersion method (line 162). As the first two lines of
this method, add
authenticateAndContinue();
return;

so the application no longer tries to update itself.

Hope this helps.

jeff

Jay Moss

Jan 5, 2009, 1:32:04 PM1/5/09
to Breaking out of the Web Browser with Adobe AIR
Jeff,

I made the the change to Login.as as described, but I think there are
more changes needed. With just the change below I am not able to
login. It displays a message that my user/pswd are incorrect. Here's
a debug listing (my trace statements added to copareVersionAndUpdate()
and to UserHelper.usernamePasswordMatch()):

[SWF] TimeTracker2.swf - 2,581,027 bytes after decompression
Database Tables Created Sucessfully
Database Tables Loaded Sucessfully
version XML has returned, checking current vs. server version
username: + pdilillo, pswd: pddp6123
skipping compareVersionAndUpdate()

It looks like handleVersionResult() needs a version set before you can
use the local store (guessing)?

Jay

Jeff Tapper

Jan 5, 2009, 1:50:24 PM1/5/09
to Breaking out of the Web Browser with Adobe AIR
im willing to bet you dont have a user named pdilillo in your
database. have you tried creating a new user?

Big Swoll

Jan 4, 2009, 7:32:10 PM1/4/09
to Breaking out of the Web Browser with Adobe AIR
Thanks, that seems to solve the issue of updating to a new version,
however, the login functionality is not working. I created a new user
and then tried to login with the attributes, but get the "the username
or password is incorrect" error message. I've tried numerous times
with different usernames/passwords with no luck.

I'm running this from Flex Builder plug-in in Eclipse, using 3.2.0 AIR
sdk.

Thanks.

Jeff Tapper

Jan 5, 2009, 2:47:24 PM1/5/09
to Breaking out of the Web Browser with Adobe AIR
well thats no good. I'll take a look at that tonite and see whats
happening. I'm willing to be its a difference in the API for the
EncryptedLocalStore between 1.1 and 1.5

Jeff Tapper

Jan 5, 2009, 8:13:59 PM1/5/09
to Breaking out of the Web Browser with Adobe AIR
Ok, it seems like the real issue was how xml nodes created from text
strings were handled. I've created a branch in the repository, for
the air 1.5 version, which can be found here:
http://dptimetracker.googlecode.com/svn/branches/air1.5/

It does seem that if you add a new project or client that you have to
close the application and re-open it before it will allow you to track
time against it. I'll dig into that problem later, but for now, you
should be able to create users, log in, add clients, add projects and
track time, which is the main goal.

let me know if you have problems with any of these tasks.

thanks

jeff

Jay Moss

Jan 6, 2009, 10:58:37 AM1/6/09
to Breaking out of the Web Browser with Adobe AIR
Jeff,
I grabbed and imported the 1.5 zip file you uploaded. Eclipse is
complaining that the project is missing '\dpLibrary\bin
\dpLibrary.swc'. I thought perhaps that was generated, but rebuilding
didn't fix the problem.
Jay

Jeff Tapper

Jan 6, 2009, 11:37:00 AM1/6/09
to Breaking out of the Web Browser with Adobe AIR
Ok, try again with the latest one up there. I mistakenly had a
different project linked in. Instead of downloading, you can go to
the projects build path, and remove the reference to dpLibrary

Big Swoll

Jan 5, 2009, 2:59:10 PM1/5/09
to Breaking out of the Web Browser with Adobe AIR
Don't know why it's just now getting here but my last message was sent
out before your last message. I'm having the same problem as Jay.
After you have added a new user, the user authentication is not
validating.