exo_browser using brighttray

Deepak Mohan

Jul 11, 2014, 1:12:50 PM7/11/14
to breac...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Github's atom editor maintains a separate shared library build of chrome content api , also a tiny wrapper around it brightray . Have you considered it before for exo_browser or you have any plans to use it?

Thanks,
Deepak

Stanislas Polu

Jul 11, 2014, 1:32:16 PM7/11/14
to Deepak Mohan, breac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Deepak!

Well, the ExoBrowser project was started before Atom was made public. But this is indeed something quite interesting to explore if it makes our lives simpler :)

Any reference of the API it exposes?

-stan

--
Stanislas Polu

Mo: +1 415 216 5700 | Tw: @spolu

Deepak Mohan

Jul 11, 2014, 1:48:12 PM7/11/14
to breac...@googlegroups.com, hop2...@gmail.com
Well i havnt explored it yet.. Bt they dont seem to have any api documentation yet. Should check out atom-shell and the example app for how it is used. Will dig more into this in a separate fork ;)

Deepak

Stanislas Polu

Jul 17, 2014, 9:53:56 PM7/17/14
to Deepak Mohan, breac...@googlegroups.com
It's actually a very interesting approach

Almost got it to work. Still need some work.
--
-stan

---
+1 415 216 5700 | @spolu

Deepak Mohan

Jul 18, 2014, 2:19:07 PM7/18/14
to breac...@googlegroups.com, hop2...@gmail.com
after successful build of node-shell, trying to run addon.js results in this error, Did you come across this error ?

/home/robo/github/libchrome/node-shell/build/Release
Boom
INIT CALLED
[0718/233106:FATAL:content_main_runner.cc(751)] Check failed: base::i18n::InitializeICU().
[1]    19483 abort (core dumped)  node addon.js

-Deepak
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to breach-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Stanislas Polu

Jul 18, 2014, 2:27:35 PM7/18/14
to Deepak Mohan, breac...@googlegroups.com
Hey, I figured, why try to link to libchromiumcontent.so and rebuild the whole API when atom just did it.

We'll need to make a rather substantial PR on atom-shell to add support for <webview> to implement Breach on top of that.

But node-shell in itself as is will already be a quite cool projcet to play with :)

You on iRC?

-stan

--
Stanislas Polu