Storage API

Roel Rymenants

Jul 15, 2014, 6:01:50 AM7/15/14
to breac...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I noticed breach uses a specific storage implementation (gig.fs) for session mgmt, which can be used distributed (but currently isn't out of the box). That's neat!

Most useful plugins (history, bookmarks) are probably going to save some kind of state.
- Should they use gig?
- If so, is there an API reference or an example on how to use it?

My guess is that otherwise every plugin is going to be using it's own (not always easily distributed) storage system.

Stanislas Polu

Jul 15, 2014, 2:18:30 PM7/15/14
to Roel Rymenants, breac...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Yes the plan is to use the `breach_core` `store` API: https://github.com/breach/breach_core/blob/master/lib/core_store.js

This one uses gig.fs internally.

Down the line we probably won't enable gig.fs distributed mode but rather open APIs for modules to easily swap gig.fs sessions and inject content there. They'll take care of the distributed part. (see that as some sort of reflexive storage layer)

This is actually quite challenging as far as API design is concerned, but that's what makes that project interesting! :)

-stan

--
Stanislas Polu

Mo: +1 415 216 5700 | Tw: @spolu

Stanislas Polu

Jul 15, 2014, 2:19:31 PM7/15/14
to Roel Rymenants, breac...@googlegroups.com
And here's an example of how to use the `breach_core` `store` API:

-stan

--
Stanislas Polu

Mo: +1 415 216 5700 | Tw: @spolu