BRB Fantasy Football 2023

Patrick Haughton

Aug 25, 2023, 1:41:46 PM8/25/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Hey y'all,

Are we still doing fantasy football this season? If so, we need to hammer out when the draft will be and everything.

Samantha Weaver

Aug 25, 2023, 1:44:08 PM8/25/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I’m happy to reactivate the league! I’ll do that now - just hadn’t heard from anyone so wasn’t sure if anyone wanted to do it.

On Aug 25, 2023, at 11:41 AM, Patrick Haughton <path...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey y'all,

Are we still doing fantasy football this season? If so, we need to hammer out when the draft will be and everything.

Luke Beggs

Aug 25, 2023, 1:44:13 PM8/25/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I'm out. I haven't watched an American football game in like two years. Lemme know what you guys need to hand over my team.

Samantha Weaver

Aug 25, 2023, 1:50:05 PM8/25/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Reactivated!

And no problem, Luke! We will find someone to take over for you.

I also need someone to take over as the other league manager with Luke out - Patrick do you want to do it? Or Geoff? Up to y’all! Just let me know and I’ll swap the league manager.

- S

Ryan Dunsmore

Aug 25, 2023, 1:56:21 PM8/25/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I’m in.
Sent from my iPhone

Patrick Haughton

Aug 25, 2023, 1:56:45 PM8/25/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I can do it, just let me know what you need from me for it.

Samantha Weaver

Aug 25, 2023, 1:57:57 PM8/25/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Can you send me your email address and I’ll send you the invite? I might have to remove Luke first - I’ll check.

Samantha Weaver

Aug 25, 2023, 2:00:55 PM8/25/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Disregard, I just assigned you + Geoff both LM powers. You should be able to sign in and there’s a drop-down at the top that says LM tools now. Lmk if you don’t see that or can’t access it!

Chris Watkins

Aug 25, 2023, 6:58:36 PM8/25/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I'm in and ready to defend!

Aug 28, 2023, 11:23:07 AM8/28/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com

Matt Robinson

Aug 28, 2023, 2:06:11 PM8/28/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com

Scott Barzilla

Aug 28, 2023, 2:22:12 PM8/28/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I don’t know my status as far as sharing, watching from afar, or having my own team.

Sent from my iPhone

Samantha Weaver

Sep 3, 2023, 4:00:58 PM9/3/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Do we have everyone in/time to schedule the draft?

Let me know!

Scott Barzilla

Sep 3, 2023, 4:27:32 PM9/3/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I still don’t know if I’m even in this league. If not, can y’all remove me from the distribution?

Scott

Sent from my iPad

Kenneth Levy

Sep 3, 2023, 4:29:27 PM9/3/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com

Scott Barzilla

Sep 3, 2023, 5:53:03 PM9/3/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I can. I just wasn’t sure what my status was.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 3, 2023, at 3:29 PM, 'Kenneth Levy' via BRBAdmin <brba...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

 Scott would you want to take over my team?

Patrick Haughton

Sep 3, 2023, 5:53:43 PM9/3/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Scott you were my co-manager last year.

Scott Barzilla

Sep 3, 2023, 8:22:53 PM9/3/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I’m good either way.

Sent from my iPad

Chris Watkins

Sep 4, 2023, 3:32:44 PM9/4/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
First game is Thursday... When is the draft?
Sep 4, 2023, 3:35:15 PM9/4/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I can do Wednesday as long as the draft is done by 8pm central
Sep 4, 2023, 3:55:36 PM9/4/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Pat do you have the link to the league. I logged in to my ESPN fantasy account and I don't see it anywhere. If I've got login issues I want to try to fix them ASAP. Thanks!
Sent: Monday, September 4, 2023 2:49:12 PM

Chris Watkins

Sep 5, 2023, 9:50:58 AM9/5/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Can someone please send the link to the league?
Sep 5, 2023, 11:26:49 AM9/5/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Okay, so we need to hear back from Rivers, Weston, and Joe.

Carlos and Kenneth said they're in but if someone wants to take their teams they can.

Geoff and Luke are definitely out.

Chris, Ryan, Matt Robinson, Sam and I are currently in.

Scott wants a team but is currently, technically my co-manager, but we can find a spot for him.

Is that about where we're at?

If we can't get replacements for both teams, do we contract the league this year or since it's so late, do we let them just autodraft as empty teams and revisit contraction/expansion next year?

rivers...@gmail.com

Sep 5, 2023, 11:46:51 AM9/5/23
to Patrick Haughton, brba...@googlegroups.com
Love y’all but every year this league takes three months to get off the ground because there’s not really anyone interested in doing the admin stuff. Happy to play, feels like if we’re losing teams we probably just need to can it unless someone wants to step up.

Sent from my iPhone

Matthew Weston

Sep 5, 2023, 12:24:31 PM9/5/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I said I’m down to play already. I probably can’t make an 8 on draft but can send a list for auto drafting.

On Sep 5, 2023, at 10:46 AM, rivers...@gmail.com wrote:

Love y’all but every year this league takes three months to get off the ground because there’s not really anyone interested in doing the admin stuff. Happy to play, feels like if we’re losing teams we probably just need to can it unless someone wants to step up.

Samantha Weaver

Sep 5, 2023, 1:55:59 PM9/5/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I can do the draft tonight after 530pm mst, tomorrow or Thursday before the game. Anyone have a day/time they can commit to? Or we can let it auto draft if y’all want and just make our preference lists …. Just let me know and I’ll set it up.

Chris Watkins

Sep 5, 2023, 2:25:25 PM9/5/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I don't know wtf is going on but I can't seem to log in to my account. Can someone look at my team in the league and tell me which email is used for my account, if it even lists my email?
Sent: Tuesday, September 5, 2023 12:55:45 PM

Patrick Haughton

Sep 5, 2023, 2:27:53 PM9/5/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I just sent you a message through the league page, let me know if you don't get it.

Chris Watkins

Sep 5, 2023, 2:32:49 PM9/5/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I did not.
Sent: Tuesday, September 5, 2023 1:27:40 PM

Joe Critz

Sep 5, 2023, 2:40:05 PM9/5/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I’m still down to play! I'm available tonight or tomorrow night, but I will not be available Thursday.

Chris Watkins

Sep 5, 2023, 2:49:11 PM9/5/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Ok. Something is jacked up but I think I have a solution. I see Geoff and Luke are no longer participating - so assume we are handing those off to others. Can you take my existing team and just invite me to take it over, so I can come in to the league with a new account?

Short version, my account I used for this league is attached to an old ICQ Mail account, which I can no longer access. So when I try to log in to it, it sends me a pass code to the email I can't even access.

Can we just transfer it to me using contact...@gmail.com?
Sep 5, 2023, 3:03:47 PM9/5/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Sam! contact...@gmail.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 5, 2023 2:02:21 PM

Samantha Weaver

Sep 5, 2023, 3:07:57 PM9/5/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
No prob Chris, I just sent it! Lmk if you get it.

Anyone who was a second manager for someone else’s team want to take over for Luke or Geoff?

On Sep 5, 2023, at 1:03 PM, Chris Watkins <contact...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Thank you Sam! contact...@gmail.com

Chris Watkins

Sep 5, 2023, 3:08:53 PM9/5/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
That worked! Thank you Sam and Pat for your help!
Sent: Tuesday, September 5, 2023 2:07:43 PM

Samantha Weaver

Sep 5, 2023, 3:13:33 PM9/5/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Yay sounds good!

Ok so we don’t have Luke or Geoff and haven’t heard from Carlos, is that right?

Scott, we will def give you your own team this year if you want one.

Any other newbies you guys can wrangle? Or we can cut down to 10 teams from 12.

Also, it sounds like tonight is best for everyone? I’m prob busy until 530-6pm mountain time but I can set up my list for auto draft if I need to. Can someone else keep track of the picks tonight? I’ll get the draft order set up.

On Sep 5, 2023, at 1:08 PM, Chris Watkins <contact...@gmail.com> wrote:

 That worked! Thank you Sam and Pat for your help!

Carlos Flores

Sep 5, 2023, 3:27:41 PM9/5/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I'm in but if any of the new guys need a team I can volunteer! Or if the league needs to pare down to be more competitive, someone would surely scavenge Tyreek from me lol

Patrick Haughton

Sep 5, 2023, 8:26:58 PM9/5/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
We need to pin this draft down ASAP, guys. I don't think doing it today is going to work but tomorrow?

Please get back to us as soon as you can with times that work best for everyone and we'll figure something out.

Chris Watkins

Sep 5, 2023, 8:28:44 PM9/5/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I'm good with tomorrow as long as it's over by 8pm central
Sent: Tuesday, September 5, 2023 7:26:45 PM

Kenneth Levy

Sep 5, 2023, 8:28:50 PM9/5/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Lmk if y’all still need me for the league. Happy to draft tomorrow

Chris Watkins

Sep 5, 2023, 8:29:24 PM9/5/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I can also do it anytime tonight but it doesn't sound likely.
Sent: Tuesday, September 5, 2023 7:26:45 PM

Scott Barzilla

Sep 5, 2023, 8:29:53 PM9/5/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I’ll stick with Patrick I think. I have a ton of meetings tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone

Matt Robinson

Sep 6, 2023, 7:46:22 AM9/6/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I am assuming the draft didn’t happen yet but I have fairly open availability for the next week or so while I’m on paternity leave.

Patrick Haughton

Sep 6, 2023, 12:04:52 PM9/6/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
First of all congratulations!

Second of all, that might not be a bad idea. Should we just wait until next week? We'd lose a week of stats but at least that way we'd be able to prepare better for the draft.

Also if you DO think we should push back a week, let us know when next week would work best for you.

Matt Robinson

Sep 6, 2023, 12:47:13 PM9/6/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Like I said my schedule is flexible for a little bit so I can go either way. I don’t speak for everyone but I’d prefer not to push back a week unless availability for people is just a mess. I’m not worried about being prepared for a rookie draft as opposed to a full redraft.

But that being said y’all know me, I’ve already done my leg work on the rookies months ago

Kenneth Levy

Sep 6, 2023, 12:48:53 PM9/6/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com

Patrick Haughton

Sep 6, 2023, 12:53:34 PM9/6/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I think it needs to be earlier for Chris, he said for him it has to be over by 8 pm CT.

What about 6 pm CT (4 pm PT)?

Kenneth Levy

Sep 6, 2023, 12:54:35 PM9/6/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Honestly that works for me. I can find a nook in my office to do it ha

Samantha Weaver

Sep 6, 2023, 1:08:16 PM9/6/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys -

I might still be in my hair appt at 6pm cst but I can bring my laptop with and should be fine! I’ll set it for 6pm cst tonight and get the draft order sent out here in a sec.

On Sep 6, 2023, at 10:54 AM, 'Kenneth Levy' via BRBAdmin <brba...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

 Honestly that works for me. I can find a nook in my office to do it ha

Samantha Weaver

Sep 6, 2023, 1:12:33 PM9/6/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Options are:
1 - do we draft at 6pm cst tonight or lose a week and do the draft this weekend/week?

2 - are we finding replacements for Luke + Geoff or are we cutting down to 10 teams instead? If so, are we putting those two teams' worth of guys into the draft or leaving them on waivers?

Here is the Draft Order (Inverse of last year's standings):

Pat
Luke (who's taking over for Luke, is it Scott?)
Sam
Kenneth
Matt W
Matt R
Carlos
Joe
Rivers
Ryan
BFD - is someone taking over for BFD?
Chris

Chris Watkins

Sep 8, 2023, 1:52:19 PM9/8/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Not sure if I'm not getting the responses to this or if there just aren't any. At this point maybe we just schedule the draft and who ever makes it, makes it?
Sent: Wednesday, September 6, 2023 12:12:19 PM

Samantha Weaver

Sep 8, 2023, 2:05:33 PM9/8/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I’m not seeing any responses to the email I sent out with our options either. We can just tentatively schedule for Sunday Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday anytime as far as my schedule. We can always auto draft for people who can’t make it or you don’t respond. Still need to know if we are cutting the league down to 10 or not though before we do anything else.

On Sep 8, 2023, at 11:52 AM, Chris Watkins <contact...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Not sure if I'm not getting the responses to this or if there just aren't any. At this point maybe we just schedule the draft and who ever makes it, makes it?

Ryan Dunsmore

Sep 10, 2023, 9:47:10 PM9/10/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Set a date for the draft and move forward- let's say Wednesday. Either you set your autodraft or you're there.

Patrick Haughton

Sep 10, 2023, 10:22:45 PM9/10/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I support Wednesday. I’ll throw out 6 pm CDT as an opening offer for a time.

Chris Watkins

Sep 10, 2023, 11:11:03 PM9/10/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Works for me
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2023 9:22:31 PM

Kenneth Levy

Sep 10, 2023, 11:16:03 PM9/10/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I’ll be in the office Wednesday but can make it work if someone messages in the group

Chris Watkins

Sep 12, 2023, 11:21:04 AM9/12/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Is the league dead? Feels like it's dead.
Sep 12, 2023, 11:40:48 AM9/12/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Did we? I saw it suggested, then barely any response. Seems like only 3 or 4 of us are actively interested. And no takers for the two open slots among all the new staff?
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2023 10:21:40 AM

rivers...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2023, 12:06:08 PM9/12/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I think all the new staff is on that Discord I left after the one podcast guy proved himself an edgelord. Don’t think they look at this.

Love you guys and I’ll show up at a draft to draft but just the lack of any real desire to do some admin work like throw up a WhenIsGood or Doodle or anything kinda tells me it may not be a dead league but it’s very clearly a barely alive one.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 12, 2023, at 10:40 AM, Chris Watkins <contact...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Did we? I saw it suggested, then barely any response. Seems like only 3 or 4 of us are actively interested. And no takers for the two open slots among all the new staff?

Scott Barzilla

Sep 12, 2023, 12:16:35 PM9/12/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
So can I take Aaron Rodgers?

I haven't responded because everything seems very up in the air in terms of new teams, sticking with Patrick or whatever. Honestly, I don't have access to the rosters so if I were taking over a team I'd have no idea of who I would have to work with.

mattrnot

Sep 12, 2023, 12:54:33 PM9/12/23
to BRBAdmin
It won’t let you look at teams when you’re on the app Scott? When I took over Brett’s team last year I was able to view the rosters before the draft.

Scott Barzilla

Sep 12, 2023, 2:37:48 PM9/12/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I never have been. Which platform are we even using?

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 12, 2023, at 11:54 AM, mattrnot <matt...@gmail.com> wrote:

It won’t let you look at teams when you’re on the app Scott? When I took over Brett’s team last year I was able to view the rosters before the draft.

Patrick Haughton

Sep 12, 2023, 2:39:20 PM9/12/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
ESPN.

This is so weird, I could have sworn I had you added as my co-owner.

Scott Barzilla

Sep 12, 2023, 2:50:43 PM9/12/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
You probably did but I don’t think I ever actually logged in.

Sent from my iPhone

Scott Barzilla

Sep 12, 2023, 2:54:48 PM9/12/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
It says I don’t have permission to view the page.

Sent from my iPhone

Chris Watkins

Sep 12, 2023, 3:16:51 PM9/12/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I asked on the discord if anyone wanted to take over a team - nothing but dead silence.
Sep 12, 2023, 6:38:14 PM9/12/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
It won’t let me. I’m good.

Sent from my iPad

Joe Critz

Sep 12, 2023, 8:10:23 PM9/12/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I’d be happy with to do a draft on discord on Wednesday at 6:00PM CDT. Sorry for the lack of response the past week, I just gotta new job and it’s been absorbing all of my attention the last several days, but I get off roughly an over before 6pm cdt so I’m open to drafting then, or anytime in the evening on Thursday or Friday if that ends up working better.

Sorry again for taking so long!

Patrick Haughton

Sep 13, 2023, 12:50:14 PM9/13/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Okay, so BRB Draft Room on discord today at 6 pm CT (4 pm PT), right?

See y'all there and then.

rivers...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2023, 1:24:22 PM9/13/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I’ll need a reinvite

Sent from my iPhone

Samantha Weaver

Sep 13, 2023, 1:26:31 PM9/13/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Hey rivers send me a second email to add you as a second manager for your team! That works the best. I’ll also send a re-invite.

Should we put the two teams we cut’s players into the draft tonight? Or put them in waivers?

On Sep 13, 2023, at 11:24 AM, rivers...@gmail.com wrote:

I’ll need a reinvite

Patrick Haughton

Sep 13, 2023, 1:28:59 PM9/13/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I say we put them in the draft pool. If we put them on waivers, it could lead to an unfair advantage.

rivers...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2023, 1:30:29 PM9/13/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I meant I’ll need a reinvite to the discord if that’s where we’re drafting.

Sent from my iPhone

Kenneth Levy

Sep 13, 2023, 1:30:39 PM9/13/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com

Samantha Weaver

Sep 13, 2023, 1:32:08 PM9/13/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I’m fine putting it in the draft as a separate round or two if someone has time to put that list together? I don’t think it’s fair to mix em in with the rooks

But doesn’t the system auto create the waiver order based on weakest teams? I’m easy either way.

Patrick Haughton

Sep 13, 2023, 1:32:16 PM9/13/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Here’s the link for the discord.

Samantha Weaver

Sep 13, 2023, 1:33:46 PM9/13/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Hey Ken I sent it awhile back but here it is again:

Here is the Draft Order (Inverse of last year's standings):

Pat
Luke (who's taking over for Luke, is it Scott?)
Sam
Kenneth
Matt W
Matt R
Carlos
Joe
Rivers
Ryan
BFD - is someone taking over for BFD?
Chris

On Sep 13, 2023, at 11:30 AM, 'Kenneth Levy' via BRBAdmin <brba...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

 What’s the draft order?

Matthew Weston

Sep 13, 2023, 1:36:04 PM9/13/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Can someone send a player list out? I can’t make it but can make a list.

Patrick Haughton

Sep 13, 2023, 4:41:53 PM9/13/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Sam, can you handle this or should I take care of the player list?

Patrick Haughton

Sep 13, 2023, 5:00:35 PM9/13/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
This is the best I can come up with for now, since I'm still technically at work. Let me know if there's anything more you'd want.
FFB Rookies.xlsx

Samantha Weaver

Sep 13, 2023, 5:34:32 PM9/13/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Patrick

Can someone keep track of the results of tonight’s draft and email to me at the end? I’ll input the results at the end but I’ll be in & out of the discord bc of photo work.

ALSO - Don’t forget to lock in your keepers!!!! Drop anyone you want to let go of. And please keep the position limits in mind (8 total WRs, et. - it sucks having to chase everyone down bc I have to input all the results at once and I have to start over if I have to wait on you to drop someone so I can add your rookies)

Patrick Haughton

Sep 13, 2023, 5:42:21 PM9/13/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I'll put together a google sheet to keep track of picks.

Patrick Haughton

Sep 13, 2023, 5:50:30 PM9/13/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Here's the list. I've removed Luke and Geoff's teams and included six rounds but that's just in case it goes that long.

Matthew Weston

Sep 13, 2023, 6:19:04 PM9/13/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Y’all can autodraft for me. I just don’t want any QBs.

Chris Watkins

Sep 13, 2023, 6:33:30 PM9/13/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Was this a snake draft last year?
Sep 13, 2023, 6:37:22 PM9/13/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
It was not - because I had the first pick and was annoyed it wasn’t a snake draft lol

Chris Watkins

Sep 13, 2023, 6:50:08 PM9/13/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Okay so officially, this draft is for just rookies, just the players from Luke and BFD's teams, or both?

Patrick Haughton

Sep 13, 2023, 6:53:36 PM9/13/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I've been thinking about that and I think Sam might be right in just putting Luke's and Geoff's players on waivers. It's not like the people at the top of the waiver claim list can just get ALL the waived players, right?

Ryan Dunsmore

Sep 13, 2023, 6:59:06 PM9/13/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Draft is for rookies. If we’re folding two teams, waiver them.

Samantha Weaver

Sep 13, 2023, 7:08:24 PM9/13/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Can someone resend the discord link? I can't find it in the thread

Patrick Haughton

Sep 13, 2023, 7:09:25 PM9/13/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
That should do it.

Samantha Weaver

Sep 13, 2023, 10:11:44 PM9/13/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Hey all -

Patrick and Carlos I need you guys to edit your keepers, your rosters are full so I can't input draft results!

Chris Watkins

Sep 13, 2023, 10:22:02 PM9/13/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
When will the waiver period end, and FA begins?
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2023 9:11:29 PM

rivers...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2023, 10:28:45 PM9/13/23
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Waivers can’t begin until everyone drops their players to accommodate their rookie draft picks.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 13, 2023, at 9:22 PM, Chris Watkins <contact...@gmail.com> wrote:

 When will the waiver period end, and FA begins?
It is loading more messages.