New Open Thread

Geoff Mueller

Apr 6, 2022, 1:39:05 PM4/6/22
to BRBAdmin
Probably worth a post:
image.png

Mike Bullock

Apr 6, 2022, 2:12:21 PM4/6/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Wow - ten years already... I remember posting pix of him from the combine right after he was drafted thinking he was gonna be the next great Texns linebacker... glad his bank account was positively affected by the negative stupidity in NRG before he left.

On Wed, Apr 6, 2022 at 12:39 PM Geoff Mueller <gmue...@themuellers.org> wrote:
Probably worth a post:
image.png

Mike Bullock

Apr 6, 2022, 2:13:16 PM4/6/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
So, dumb question: even If he retires, his dead cap money still hits Houston's cap this year, right?

Patrick Haughton

Apr 6, 2022, 2:24:21 PM4/6/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
The Battle of Fleener Hill is finally, utterly over at last.

Rivers McCown

Apr 6, 2022, 2:51:38 PM4/6/22
to 'jordanpun' via BRBAdmin
It rules so much that the Saints paid Fleener after his rookie deal. Maybe ol' Stanford Pep should check him out...

Rivers McCown

Apr 7, 2022, 10:05:59 AM4/7/22
to 'jordanpun' via BRBAdmin
https://twitter.com/HoustonTexans/status/1511856282461892608

Look at how much of this video is just sacking Jags quarterbacks and Mettenberger.

Patrick Haughton

Apr 7, 2022, 1:48:42 PM4/7/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Can anybody get a post up about this? You know, once you stop laughing?

Mike Bullock

Apr 7, 2022, 1:51:22 PM4/7/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
First, I want to see Cal "vigorously" do anything... anything at all...

Geoff Mueller

Apr 7, 2022, 1:52:33 PM4/7/22
to BRBAdmin
Is this real? Parody? I can't honestly tell. Also, why now?

Patrick Haughton

Apr 7, 2022, 1:53:11 PM4/7/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I imagine there's one thing Cal can do vigorously, but it would involve three cups of coffee, a large bowl of chili and a double helping of bran flakes.

Patrick Haughton

Apr 7, 2022, 1:53:39 PM4/7/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
It was tweeted by the Texans' official Twitter account, it's real and it's confusing.

Geoff Mueller

Apr 7, 2022, 1:54:02 PM4/7/22
to BRBAdmin
/rushes to remove Patrick from the listserv

Patrick Haughton

Apr 7, 2022, 1:54:26 PM4/7/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
My guess is it involves Steve Wilks' lawsuit against the Cardinals and they're doubling down on their "not it" status.

Mike Bullock

Apr 7, 2022, 1:56:23 PM4/7/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I'd be the "why now" is answered in the vigorously sentence... something probably came up in the legal matters this week.

Rivers McCown

Apr 7, 2022, 1:56:44 PM4/7/22
to 'jordanpun' via BRBAdmin
The amended Flores lawsuit goes after the Texans harder.

Rivers McCown

Apr 7, 2022, 1:58:00 PM4/7/22
to 'jordanpun' via BRBAdmin
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/07/brian-flores-joins-texans-as-defendant-to-lawsuit/

Flores alleges at paragraph 17 of the amended complaint, “[T]he Texans retaliated against Mr. Flores by removing him for consideration for its Head Coach vacancy due to his decision to file this action and speak publicly about systemic discrimination in the NFL.”

The amended complaint also lays out the unusual facts that resulted in the hiring of Lovie Smith. At paragraph 211, Flores points out that it was widely reported that Flores, Jonathan Gannon, and Josh McCown had become the three finalists for the job. Then, Gannon was removed from consideration, narrowing the choices to Flores and McCown.

“[T]he Texans were rightfully concerned that if it hired Mr. McCown over Mr. Flores, it would bolster Mr. Flores’ allegations of systemic discrimination against Black candidates, particularly given that the team had just fired Black Head Coach David Culley after only one season,” the amended complaint alleges at paragraph 214.

At the same time, Smith publicly emerged for the first time as a candidate. Flores alleges that the Texans ultimately hired Smith and not Flores in retaliation for Flores filing his lawsuit. Flores suggests that the Texans potentially didn’t act alone.

From paragraph 218 of the amended complaint: “[E]ither the Texans made this retaliatory decision on its own or the NFL — through the Commissioner’s office and/or other member teams and/or surrogates from the NFL or its member teams — pressured the Texans not to hire Mr. Flores to be its Head Coach after he filed this lawsuit, or some combination thereof.”

Geoff Mueller

Apr 7, 2022, 1:58:17 PM4/7/22
to BRBAdmin
Ah, thank you, Rivers.

What I still don't get: why even put out this statement? Do they need more rakes to step on?

Patrick Haughton

Apr 7, 2022, 1:58:34 PM4/7/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
You're gonna have to do better than that, Geoff.

Patrick Haughton

Apr 7, 2022, 7:11:15 PM4/7/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Texans signed Brandin Cooks to a two year deal. Can someone get a post up about this?

Kenneth Levy

Apr 8, 2022, 2:10:10 AM4/8/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I’ve watched enough Jordan Davis film to assert he’s a top 5 player in this draft. Honestly. If the Texans land him at 13, I will be so happy. I’d be fine with him at three to be frank. He’s fat and away better than Quinnen Williams who was third overall. Davis ran a faster 40, a higher vertical jump, and a longer broad jump than Williams. He’s taller, he’s bigger, and he’s meaner. This is my guy. I just hope he is a Texan. Imagine if they get both Thibideaux and Davis.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Scott Martin

Apr 9, 2022, 11:38:40 AM4/9/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
This is horrible news:

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 8, 2022, at 02:10, 'Kenneth Levy' via BRBAdmin <brba...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

 I’ve watched enough Jordan Davis film to assert he’s a top 5 player in this draft. Honestly. If the Texans land him at 13, I will be so happy. I’d be fine with him at three to be frank. He’s fat and away better than Quinnen Williams who was third overall. Davis ran a faster 40, a higher vertical jump, and a longer broad jump than Williams. He’s taller, he’s bigger, and he’s meaner. This is my guy. I just hope he is a Texan. Imagine if they get both Thibideaux and Davis.

Mike Bullock

Apr 9, 2022, 1:08:12 PM4/9/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
:(

I miss the days when I could go an entire week without learning of a good person dying…

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 9, 2022, at 5:38 AM, Scott Martin <l4bl...@gmail.com> wrote:

This is horrible news:

Geoff Mueller

Apr 9, 2022, 10:16:07 PM4/9/22
to BRBAdmin
Wonderful short thread about Haskins by Olkin. Jeebus. https://twitter.com/LauraOkmin/status/1512897519717699585

51 yo me is nothing at all like the 25 yo me. They would never recognize each other. I think Haskins was in the same boat.

Geoff Mueller

Apr 9, 2022, 10:19:28 PM4/9/22
to BRBAdmin
*Okmin

Sorry. Running out of steam, and all my dyslexia related BS is starting to kick in.

Matthew Weston

Apr 10, 2022, 8:59:44 PM4/10/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
The schedule is out for tomorrow, also starting this week Pat and Jeremy are going to send the schedule out. I’m done managing our website. This last season was hard working, writing, and having a child. My time is better spent on other things than this. I loved it while it lasted, and we have a really great group right now, but my time running this place is done. I’ll still be on the email and may write here and there depending on how I feel, but for now, this is the end.

On Apr 9, 2022, at 9:19 PM, Geoff Mueller <gmue...@themuellers.org> wrote:

<E5F9F966-5706-469F-B40A-6B870E43D1B2.png>

On Wed, Apr 6, 2022 at 1:12 PM Mike Bullock <mazbu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Wow - ten years already... I remember posting pix of him from the combine right after he was drafted thinking he was gonna be the next great Texns linebacker... glad his bank account was positively affected by the negative stupidity in NRG before he left.

On Wed, Apr 6, 2022 at 12:39 PM Geoff Mueller <gmue...@themuellers.org> wrote:
Probably worth a post:
<image.png>

<image.png>
<E5F9F966-5706-469F-B40A-6B870E43D1B2.png>

Geoff Mueller

Apr 10, 2022, 9:01:57 PM4/10/22
to BRBAdmin
Well. Shit.

What about BRR?

Patrick Haughton

Apr 10, 2022, 9:13:43 PM4/10/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
We've got a couple of ideas in mind. One is either Jeremy or me takes over hosting duties, the other is we maybe think about bringing in someone else who already has a Texans podcast and just let them focus exclusively on the podcast.

Tim McHale

Apr 10, 2022, 9:13:59 PM4/10/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
It’ll live and thrive.  Pat and Jeremy have a bunch of tremendous ideas about how to improve and grow the site.  I’m really excited to see BRB develop under their guidance.

The hope is to transition things from Weston to Jeremy and Pat over the next couple of weeks so the baton is officially passed once the draft is in the books.

Patrick Haughton

Apr 10, 2022, 9:14:30 PM4/10/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
A lot of it depends on how much time we have available to record and edit the podcast and which one of us would be better suited to doing it.

Matt Robinson

Apr 10, 2022, 9:32:14 PM4/10/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Dang, I’m gonna miss your film breakdowns this year big Matt. But you deserve som R&R hope you enjoy your time

Scott Barzilla

Apr 10, 2022, 9:58:50 PM4/10/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Absolutely. Enjoy your child while you can. Mine is 15 and can’t believe how time has flown. I’ve never produced pods but have participated in a bunch. I’d be willing to help out if need be.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone

rivers...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2022, 10:08:42 PM4/10/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Weston let’s start our own podcast screw these guys

Oops I sent this to the wrong email.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 10, 2022, at 8:58 PM, Scott Barzilla <sbar...@gmail.com> wrote:

Absolutely. Enjoy your child while you can. Mine is 15 and can’t believe how time has flown. I’ve never produced pods but have participated in a bunch. I’d be willing to help out if need be.

Geoff Mueller

Apr 10, 2022, 10:36:46 PM4/10/22
to BRBAdmin

T.D. Durham

Apr 11, 2022, 9:07:42 AM4/11/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Best of luck, Matt! Thanks for all you've done!

Alex Ave Lallemant

Apr 11, 2022, 9:33:09 AM4/11/22
to contactwatkins
Welcome to the halls of BRB Valhalla, Matt!

Scott Barzilla

Apr 11, 2022, 10:40:00 AM4/11/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Geez

Sent from my iPhone

Randall

Apr 11, 2022, 12:48:24 PM4/11/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com

Dang Matt hate to see you go. You were the one that brought me on and edited most of my work and put up with all my grammar errors and horrible spelling. Gonna miss that but best of luck to you

Sent from Mail for Windows

First, I want to see Cal "vigorously" do anything.. anything at all...

Robert Vega

Apr 11, 2022, 1:08:54 PM4/11/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Well deserved, Matt. I look forward to hanging out with you at shuffleboard.

Nick

Apr 11, 2022, 3:32:37 PM4/11/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Best of luck Matt! Thanks for everything.

Mike Bullock

Apr 11, 2022, 4:04:03 PM4/11/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Congrats Matt! What a legacy you’re leaving. You should have announced your retirement when Pancakes did to steal some of his thunder.

Congrats to Pat and Jeremy too. Excited to see the cool things y’all make happen!

Sent from my iPhone

Scott Martin

Apr 11, 2022, 5:23:54 PM4/11/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Been great Matt. You’ll be missed, but if that means more time with the baby, good for you.

Looking forward to seeing what Pat and Jeremy have in store.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 11, 2022, at 16:04, Mike Bullock <mazbu...@gmail.com> wrote:

Congrats Matt! What a legacy you’re leaving. You should have announced your retirement when Pancakes did to steal some of his thunder.

Matthew Weston

Apr 11, 2022, 7:58:58 PM4/11/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Thanks fellas. I appreciate it. I loved my time writing and running the site and talking to y’all. I’m not dying and I’ll still be around.

On Apr 11, 2022, at 4:23 PM, Scott Martin <l4bl...@gmail.com> wrote:

Been great Matt. You’ll be missed, but if that means more time with the baby, good for you.

Patrick Haughton

Apr 12, 2022, 5:47:44 PM4/12/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
LOL, I think I upset the feels of some BESF fans.

Geoff Mueller

Apr 12, 2022, 6:17:21 PM4/12/22
to BRBAdmin

Patrick Haughton

Apr 12, 2022, 6:21:08 PM4/12/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com

Geoff Mueller

Apr 12, 2022, 6:22:15 PM4/12/22
to BRBAdmin
Firstnamebunchanumbers is very angry.

Patrick Haughton

Apr 12, 2022, 6:26:20 PM4/12/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
LOL, I didn't even notice that!

Rivers McCown

Apr 12, 2022, 6:46:56 PM4/12/22
to 'jordanpun' via BRBAdmin
I'm really finding it hard to connect with anybody on this team when they speak except for Justin Britt, and with Britt it's only in a "nothing is promised, I could die tomorrow" human interest sort of way.

The next interesting thing Davis Mills says will be the first.

Patrick Haughton

Apr 12, 2022, 6:52:09 PM4/12/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Can mashed potatoes be a culture? Because if so, that's what the Texans I think strive to be. No butter, no salt, no nothing, just potatoes that have been repeatedly hit with a stick until smooth.

Geoff Mueller

Apr 12, 2022, 6:54:57 PM4/12/22
to BRBAdmin
The Texans are like the kids only in it for the participation trophies and the after-game pizza.

I want one, just one, to show some damn heart. They all sound like they watched part of a TEDTalk but missed the entire point.

T.D. Durham

Apr 12, 2022, 7:35:58 PM4/12/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I want a presser lineup of: Lonnie Johnson, Cam Johnston (Aussies say all kinds of fun shit), and poetic readings of Tunsil's cryptic tweets.

sbarzilla

Apr 13, 2022, 11:41:31 AM4/13/22
to BRBAdmin
But they lead the league in fewest arrests! If the game is to see who has the most guys on the outside and not in Huntsville then they are the clear champions.

Geoff Mueller

Apr 13, 2022, 11:43:31 AM4/13/22
to BRBAdmin
Our youth movement continues by signing...a 29 yo CB who hasn't been good in a couple of years??? Can somebody please post this:
image.png

T.D. Durham

Apr 13, 2022, 11:55:40 AM4/13/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
I'm at work, but I have some time to spin something up quickly. Gimme a half hour.

Patrick Haughton

Apr 13, 2022, 12:00:48 PM4/13/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good, let me know when it's ready so I can adjust the schedule for today.

T.D. Durham

Apr 13, 2022, 12:41:09 PM4/13/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com

Patrick Haughton

Apr 13, 2022, 12:48:59 PM4/13/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Thanks TD. Just posted it to the site.

Patrick Haughton

Apr 16, 2022, 11:21:28 PM4/16/22
to brba...@googlegroups.com
Spotted Arian Foster at the Astros game.